Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fresh water system gate valve location on solitude 369rl

Having difficulty sanitizing the fresh water tank. Followed instructions in manual, and the pump is running but not siphoning water from the exterior container to the fresh water tank. The one thing I may be missing, is in the instructions it says to open the fresh water system gate valve.
    Thanks
    Jim

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnachstein View Post
    Having difficulty sanitizing the fresh water tank. Followed instructions in manual, and the pump is running but not siphoning water from the exterior container to the fresh water tank. The one thing I may be missing, is in the instructions it says to open the fresh water system gate valve.
    Thanks
    Jim
    I have a Momentum, but i imagine its the same. The FW gate valve is the tank drain, you wouldnt be able to fill the tank and sanitize it with that valve open; its on the bottom of tank and should have a white handle.

When i sanitize mine, i leave the pedestal hose hooked up and make sure the line is filled, then change valves to sanitize position. I then disconnect the hose at the pedestal end and use a funnel and pour bleach in it as my wife operates the pump as needed. This method ensures the line is primed, that could be the problem. Also, are you running the pump from inside or the manual switch near your valves? It should be the switch by the valves.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your reply. I originally thought the fresh water gate valve was the drain, which I have in the closed position. The owners manual says to open the fresh water gate valve, which led me to believe that perhaps there was another valve that I hadn't located. There is no pump switch outside near the valves. I tried leaving the pedestal hose hooked up at the same time, also with no results

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnachstein View Post
    Thank you for your reply. I originally thought the fresh water gate valve was the drain, which I have in the closed position. The owners manual says to open the fresh water gate valve, which led me to believe that perhaps there was another valve that I hadn't located. There is no pump switch outside near the valves. I tried leaving the pedestal hose hooked up at the same time, also with no results
    That seems strange there is no other water pump switch, there should be some way to manually operate it for sanitizing/winterizing. I could be wrong, im going off of the setup i have, maybe some other Solitude owners can give some input.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2016 321RL has a pump switch inside at the panel and another outside in the wet bay.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply. There are only two electrical switches in the wet bay. One controls the light in the bay, the other controls the lights under the bedroom slide. The pump runs, it just won't siphon liquid from a exterior source like a bucket. I'm wondering if the valve is malfunctioning.