Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Garage sofa seat positions available??

I am the new owner of a 2016 350M, and in tinkering with everything I possibly can, have a question on the garage sofa configuration.

I noticed some additional pins under each seat of the sofa's, that can be removed, with a sticker saying they must be re-installed once the sofa has been raised. I am not talking about raising the entire sofa back to the ceiling, but raising one of the sofa's seats up, like to move it out of the way while the other sofa is able to still be used. (Load a bike on one side, while still being able to sofa sit on the other side of the garage.

I looked in the manuals and literature, and nothing mentioned about this. Has anyone raised one side of the sofa and left the other usable?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I pulled the pin as well and tried to reconfigure it so that the normal sitting bench could be used as a bigger back support. Couldn't seem to get that configuration to work. So, it seems like there aren't very many options other than the normal seat and bed. The manuals could definitely use a big improvement, especially on their higher end units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do know, in reading some of the promotional information for the momentum 350 that you are supposed to be able to put the bench up against the wall in case you had a higher item like a razer that wouldn't clear the bench seats raised to maximum.

Apparently, you're also supposed to be able to remove the benches entirely in case you wanted to use them out on the patio as well.

I've never messed with either so I don't have any instructions for you but the 350m is supposed to be able to do both.
    Momentum 350m

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I finally took a few minutes and played with the pins without the fear of pinching off a finger or smashing the sofa seat assembly to the floor of my garage, and so far it's worked pretty well.

I didn't know which sub forum I had originally posted in, so the pics and description of what I did today is in the GENERAL category, not in the MOMENTUM category. It's titled "350M Garage Sofa setup possibilities..."

Take a look and see if I am missing something, but this just may work with keeping the bike loaded, and still being able to use the sofa seat on the opposing side of the garage at the same time. The only thing I am not sure of is hauling with the sofa in the flat against the wall position.

Any thoughts or suggestions from experience or otherwise would be greatly appreciated.

I am taking the 350M into a somewhat local dealer for the side roof ladder recall issue next week, and will be sure to inquire with a few of their staff.