User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2950RL 2nd Outing over Memorial Weekend / Storms

Tami and I took our new RV out for its second time. Had a little more "stuff" stored in it for a 4 day 3 night stay. Towing was good, well mannered. Perfected out setup routine.
    Very hot, heat index 106 degrees Saturday. AC kept up very well only used 2nd AC unit during hottest part of the day.

Had a great time until the severe thunderstorm hit. Our site was on top of a gradual hill which concerned me a little with the prediction of the storm winds to be @ 60 mph and possible golf ball sized hail.

Kept watching our weather monitors and were all set to jump in the truck and set it out inside it instead of the RV if it got really bad. It did get bad, hard , hard rain lots of lightning but lighter winds than predicted and no hail. The RV rocked and shook a couple times. I was thinking about the slides and the profile of the RV and how it would react to the winds and the wheel chocks and stabilizer jacks. Like I said it shook a couple times but remained pretty stable.

After the storm passed, checked things out. Stabilizer jacks ok, still tight, Had wheel chocks on both sides of the RV but only around one wheel on each side, the winds blew out one wheel chock, mate to it was still tight under the tire. (pair tied together with rope). No other problems. No water leaks from the very hard rain.

Will rethink wheel chocks. Will get 4 pairs to chock all tires or get the scissor type that goes between the tires.

All in all a great outing.

We did notice a few people in the park didn't put up their awnings, bad mistake on their part.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning! Great news
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, for only the second time out and thru a pretty bad storm, came out excellent. Was constantly monitoring weather, was all set up with contingency plans to ride out the storm in the truck.
    Holy cow, saw a few Rv owners awnings all twisted up, broken, twisted and support arms pulled right out of the side.

Anyway - Getting ready to leave on the last day, Was closing up and prepping to leave and tried out the black tank flush connection. Didn't work too well. Tried to use the left side cubby RV curled hose and nozzle to the black tank flush connection . Wouldn't fit, with the connection cone type screen pointing out, removed screen, turned around so cone facing inward on RV connection. Spray nozzle now fit but wouldn't tighten up, leaked badly.

I left the black tank gate valve open, tried spray nozzle lever to let water in to flush tank. Didn't work, some kind of restriction. Felt like some sort of valve was still closed - wouldn't let water in to flush tank. Didn't give a lot of time to diagnose problem and didn't have another hose to try. Didn't want to use our fresh water hose. So I'll re-read the owners manual, freshen up on the procedure and try a garden hose here at home and see what happens.

Still Learning
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I would still go with the chocks. I have used the wheel locks and I don't think they lock as well as the chocks.

We had a dog named Lady that we called our Skywarn dog. If there was a thunderstorm within 20 miles she would get up on the bed stand in the middle of chest, all 15 pounds of her, stick her nose in my face and pant, "You fool!!! You have me in this tin box and there has got to be a twister out there. I am a dog and I don't have a long life...don't make mine any shorter!!!"
    Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
    Nathan & Susan Gifford
    Belle, & Danke
    53 days camping 8000 miles 2017
    2017 Imagine 2800BH
    '07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax LBZ 4WD