Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: King Mattress

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: King Mattress

I just spent the last 3 days with Marc Hauser, and mentioned your mattress situation.

He said to please have you call him on his cell. He will be more than happy to pay you some retribution on the new mattress due to this issue.

His cell is 951-970-4975.

He is flying home today, so sometime Monday would be a good time to call.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We lived on a boat for 9 years and had this problem every winter that we were in cold weather. We found a good solution though. We bought "Dry Deck" from West Marine and put it under the mattress. It leaves a small air cushion for air to circulate under the mattress and doesn't interfere with access to storage or making the bed up. If you are camping in cold weather for extended periods condensation will happen. hope this is helpful.
    Mike and Suzanne with Smokey and Bandit
    Travel in Tumbleweed
    Reflection 303
    2013 Ram 2500 (Black Pearl), 4 x 4, Crew Cab, Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel. 6 Speed Auto
    PullRite 15K SuperGlide

barkermd

I will call him tomorrow.. Thank you!

barkermd

I left a VM on his phone.. MB

barkermd
    I spoke with Marc Hauser about this problem.. Let me say that, he was very willing to make the situation right! The rip in the mattress issue has been resolved thanks to him, and I appreciate his concern and response! I think it is awesome of GD upper management to pay attention to these posts concerning their product.. Absolutely awesome and that certainly speaks volumes about the company and product.

Michael Barker

sjegee1
    I certainly hope they do this of me as well. We never left the dealership after purchase, we camped in their parking lot and when we removed the plastic from the mattress, the left top corner was never even sewed together, there is a large area with no sewing, so you can see the guts of the mattress, and the piping that should be sewn on to hold all the material together is just flapping around... Poor workmanship, how could that even leave the mattress factory like that.....
    When the dealership opened the following Monday, we were still camped there, and we gave them the list of issues, we were told they would have to get approval for a new mattress, my husband said pull one from another unit and you can have this unfinished one, they said they could not do it..... I am not understanding this......I would like a mattress that is complete and new, with this new rig I just purchased.

Shawn and Jeanette
    solitude 369 rl
    Owners for a week and counting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had our 369 for a year and havn't had any issues with the mattress other than it's pretty uncomfortable. We just switched it out with a Sleep Inovations memory foam mattress from Costco. It's a standard king (76"x80"). It was a tight fit but it went in between the two little side shelves with a little pushing. No clearance issues. We will try it out this weekend and report back.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

barkermd
    I just ordered a mattress from a mattress company in Michigan. I picked the kind of mattress that I wanted, (a pillow top), and they had it custom made and shipped it to me.. It is awesome! Not cheap, but I got a 72X80 King that fits perfect. The owner of the company worked with me for about two weeks before we found what I wanted. He would even lie on some he had in his warehouse to tell me how soft or hard they were.. Even took pictures and sent to me because not only did I want specific length and width, I wanted a specific height!. We bought a regular residential King size (76X80) from Sams Club and yes, it does fit. We had to squeeze it between the side shelves, and putting sheets on it was a nightmare, and the height was 14 inches. Almost needed a ladder to get on it. The one we had made is a very nice pillow top residential quality mattress and is 12 inches tall.. If you want, I would be glad to post his name, number and company name...

Michael B.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thompsons 369rl View Post
    We've had our 369 for a year and havn't had any issues with the mattress other than it's pretty uncomfortable. We just switched it out with a Sleep Inovations memory foam mattress from Costco. It's a standard king (76"x80"). It was a tight fit but it went in between the two little side shelves with a little pushing. No clearance issues. We will try it out this weekend and report back.
    Just got back from a 4 day trip. Mattress worked out great. Firm, which is what we like but as @barkermd mentioned, it is 14 inches tall and the sheets are a bit of a chore to change... but IMHO, not that much worse than the factory mattress. Actually, the sheets fit BETTER since the mattress is taller. WAY more comfortable than what the factory supplied. You lose a little space between the bed and walls because of the extra 6 inches in width, but in turn, you get more bed area to flop around in. Anyway, we're happy with the results and it didn't break the bank. Once we returned the topper that we previously purchased to try and make the old mattress work for us, our net cost was only about $450.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123