Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

350M Garage Sofa setup possibilities...

First off, I am very new to both the RV lifestyle, and just as new to the GD 350M. So forgive me for anything I may not be saying correctly.

I posted a question about the garage sofa arrangement and didn't really receive the feedback I was looking for; which may have been due to my question not being fully understood. So I have taken a few pics of what I am wondering, and actually pulled the pins and positioned one side of the garage sofa on the left side.

The reason I am interested in doing this, is for times when the motorcycle is loaded, and I also want to be able to open up the garage and use the sofa WITHOUT removing the bike.

So I pulled the two pins under the sofa seat nearest the wall, carefully picked up and pulled away from the wall just a little, then allowed the sofa to slowly swing down to the position as seen in the attached pics.

I then re-installed the pins (as instructed in the warning label), and tried moving or swinging the lowered sofa, as to confirm if it would not hit the wall behind it (which it did not), and to see just how much movement was in the lowered sofa (knowing that once I load the bike with the sofa lowered, I would NOT want to unload the bike just to raise the sofa for driving.

So the questions are this...can I leave the motorcycle side of the sofa lowered like this with the bike loaded, and drive to other locations without causing damage to anything?

Has anyone done this in their momentum as a way of BOTH loading and enjoying the comfort of the other sofa at the same time?

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated, as this forum has been a fabulous source of info to this new owner.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2531.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	8527Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2532.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	8528Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2533.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	8529Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2535.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	8530Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2536.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	8531
    Last edited by Sanibel Beemer Fun; 06-01-2017 at 02:16 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 350M so I will have to check this out this weekend but from the pictures it looks fine to me to travel like that. I will look this weekend and update if I find anything different.
    2017 Momentum 350M
    2017 Ram 3500 4X4 Megacab DRW CTD Aisin with B&W companion hitch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't do this, but that's the whole point of being able to lower the sides.