Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Leveling

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leveling

OK, I admit defeat. I am new at this so try not to laugh. I tried to level my unit. But the advice from the dealer is all running together. I have the front jacks down and rear stabilizer jacks are down. The dealer says not to extend the front but to leave them down as much as possible. I have to extend them a great deal because of the tires. The pdi tech says to extend the rear stabilizer jacks only so they touch the ground but to not lift it. He says he works on them all the time and that is why they wear out. Can you guys give me a run down on you leveling practices please?
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Firestone Ride - Rite Airbags
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Leveling

Yep, level with blocks or Lynx levelers under the tires.

You should NOT use the landing gear and stabilizers to level the rig.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

cuttinchief

Re: Leveling

In the fire service leveling out ladder trucks we train what the factory teaches. So leveling with a one touch can lift everything off the ground is not recommended. Since we setup on icy hills etc. it is important to allow the tires to maintain contact for support. I think this is what the tech is saying. Stability on are rigs are + or - 5 % so with most hydraulics you can eye ball it. Just remember to allow rear tire contact as much as possible. Don't use the hydraulics to lift the trailer off the ground. You really don't need stabilizers with hydraulics but with electric jacks I would recommend them. I alway put my front jacks down to raise it off the hitch. I then lower the rear to give stability along with wheel stops. Once it's off the hitch and the others are just touching. I move the truck then I complete the leveling. On a slight incline or decline adjust accordingly. Blocks can help as well