Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tires

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last comment on the lining up of valve stems...I have a 2014 F350 DRW. It came from the factory with the stems aligned, and every shop on my 2 rotations and 1 tire change has been able to line the stems up.

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back to tires.
    I took 6 of my Westlakes of my 397 in to have them balanced this morning.
    The place I use is fairly proficient having an expensive spin balancer.
    They were able to balance out 2 of the six.
    They got the other four close but told me that they were just to out of round to balance properly.
    I'll be replacing with 614's
    Just my experience.
    Patrick & Sherry
    2018 Momentum 397th
    2018 Chevy Diesel Dually 4x4
    2015 Street Glide / 2017 Road Glide / 2017 BMW 800 GSA

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So after the same concerns as you I began the tiresome process of finding an affordable option to put on my 349 and discovered that Goodyear began production and recently released a trailer specific tire called the "endurance ". The tire is slightly larger than the oem spec but will fit. The tire is a 255(width) 85(height) 16. It is an e-rated tire with a load capacity of just over 4,000 lbs. it is an 80 psi tire made in the United States and just recently Jayco announced all of their trailers will be equipped with these tires which for me was a huge endorsement. I am having mine installed on Wednesday at $192/tire plus mounting balancing at americas tire in OC,Ca. From all the research I've done this seems to be an alternative to provide a safe tire on a better budget.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Goodyear Endurance Special Trailer Tires

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may need to put some valve stem extensions on your inboard rear tires, since you said they were short and it should help in aligning up to get to.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootie View Post
    You may need to put some valve stem extensions on your inboard rear tires, since you said they were short and it should help in aligning up to get to.
    Just ordered the braided stainless steel 5" off ebay. Back to another tire shop this time. I saw the guy spin the wheel around two or three times but after reading the posts above, I'm thinking he just didn't spin the wheels far enough to line up.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna be in the market for a toy hauler when I retire and I was just wondering do the rims on the Momentum currently come with rubber or metal valve stems?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeRoy View Post
    Gonna be in the market for a toy hauler when I retire and I was just wondering do the rims on the Momentum currently come with rubber or metal valve stems?
    Our Momentum came with rubber valve stems.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rubber. The wheels are rated at 110 psi and my tire pressure has gone as high as 122 psi. I have the Goodyear G614 tires but Goodyear told me that they don't have the metal valve stems but they do have high pressure rubber stems. That's what I've had, without any issues from San Diego to southern Florida and back to Rapid City, SD without any issues. I've been in triple digit temps and down to 12F without any issues on the tires.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    Rubber. The wheels are rated at 110 psi and my tire pressure has gone as high as 122 psi. I have the Goodyear G614 tires but Goodyear told me that they don't have the metal valve stems but they do have high pressure rubber stems. That's what I've had, without any issues from San Diego to southern Florida and back to Rapid City, SD without any issues. I've been in triple digit temps and down to 12F without any issues on the tires.
    Awesome. Thanks for the reply. I learned something today I thought I would have to go to metal valve stems for higher pressures. Thanks Sir.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast