Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Folding chairs?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Folding chairs?

I received my new 2018 303RL without two folding chairs. GD customer service didn't sound too happy that the dealership pushed it off onto them. We asked the dealership about it when we picked up our trailer. The comment from the main office of the dealership was, "it's a Grand Design problem", you'll have to call them, here's the number.
    That would be Happy Daze RV in Sacramento. Don't you just love the great customer service AFTER you buy your trailer!
    Anyway, David at GD customer service is sending us two folding chairs. So THANK YOU Grand Design, at least you know how to take care of a customer.

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drakes, At least GD is taking care of you. Did you get my PM about the greasy brakes and did you remember to have them fix or inspect them prior to pickup. Have been less than happy with Happy Daze.
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It IS a Grand Design problem, per say.

Reflection stopped using the folding chairs already, because they were very weak and quite a few were broken.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post

Reflection stopped using the folding chairs already, because they were very weak and quite a few were broken.
    Uh, I guess the dealerships are not Responsible for preforming a pre-delivery PDI ? The Missing chairs would of been caught by an employee during the PDI. But of course two things needed to happen; the actual inspection and an employee/dealership that gave a damn.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve:
    When did this change? Per GD's website as of today on the 303RLS "... Free Standing Table and 4 Chairs (2 folding)..." Now I know they changed the design of them and all 4 come looking like regular chairs now but 2 of them have lift up seats and 2 of them actually do fold. At least they did on my April 2017 build.
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I broke one immediately after we got our 26RL when attempting to fold it up. (September 2016 build). My husband fixed it - he said the screws were too short and caused the "wood" to split.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad to hear that Grand Design gave up on the folding chairs. We purchased our Refection 303rls at the end of January 2017. We now have one dinette chair left and the rig is only 6 months old. We lost both folding chairs first, one on the first trip out. Blue Dog replaced that one. The stationary chair cracked right by the top screw. Sure hope Grand Design takes care of this design issue.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We picked up our 303 in May and it had the folding chairs. One of which is missing a spacer and screw. I'll be checking with the dealer for replacement parts.
    Matt & Dana , Kasey the Australian Cattle Dog
    2018 303rls
    2012 Ram 2500 6.7 diesel