Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grand Design is awesome!

We bought a 2017 297RSTS used and only had a little bit of time left on the one year transferable warranty. I have a leak in the front storage compartment, a bad motion detector light in the bathroom and a bad lock on outdoor television door. I wanted to get it back to dealer for those repairs before one year warranty was up. I thought I should check all wheels for grease and sure enough all four had grease on them. I sent in pics of wheels, serial #'s and VIN and in less than 24 hours I had an authorization for dealer to repair both axles. Who provides this kind of customer service these days on anything? Grand Design does. Plus my dealer, Madison RV, has been extremely accommodating. Anyone who has an issue only needs to contact GD. Also bear in mind that the axle issue is not GD but is a Lippert issue and they are obviously stepping up to do the right thing. This is our first RV ever and I am convinced that GD will take care of their customers and make sure their vendors do the same. We have spent one weekend in our 297 and loved it and expect many more. For anyone bashing GD consider the fact that most of the issues come from vendors not GD. Also consider that GD makes it right. I had a 2015 Ford F150 that was a dumpster fire. I believe they are the best trucks on the road today but it wasn't Ford that stepped up and made it right, it was my dealer. That is pretty much the same as the situation with GD and Lippert axles. I have a new Ford F250 due to my dealer and GD is correcting the issues with my Lippert axles. GD with Lippert made it a lot easier than Ford did. I am a a happy camper, pun intended.
    2017 Reflection 297RSTS
    2017 F250 King Ranch, FX4, 6.7L w/ HD tow

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ALScott, you handled your repairs perfectly. You didn't get upset and start posting negative things about GDRV and your dealer. You simply called customer service and it was taken care of. For the life of me I can't figure out why everyone doesn't just call first, Grand Design has our back's on the issues that arise.

Thank you for your post.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Red, this should be taken to heart by all of us, most definitely by those who post exclusively on the Facebook Grand Design forum. Many of those people are lit up and pissed off, and their goal seems to be to display those negative emotions, not to get their unit fixed! I ventured there to suggest that they come over to this side, not because the FB forum was bad, but because here we have lots of information and wisdom in a well organized fashion. Many agreed, but many more decided I was hating on the FB forum, and that $12.00 was ridiculous. I shared a couple of benefits I received through this forum that were worth over $1000.00. But Bill Martin and Emily Stahley offer solutions over there, which is great!
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you are getting your issues solved. We have had nothing but great service from Grand Design and our dealer on the few issues we had on our rv. We've had it over three years now and still love it!
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dealer we selected had overnight stay posts for new RVs for customers to check for leaks, run the slides in/out, turn switches on/off, play DVDs and make notes/questions for the next morning. Note/questions were fixed/answered, on the road by noon with our new Reflection 29RS. After one year just pure camping pleasure - bring on the s'mores.