Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2nd trip and ......................

I took my new 303rls out again this weekend and noticed there was a small "puddle" in the middle of the pass through storage. The previous weekend I had an issue with the gasket going into the City water port and it was misting and I thought the puddle in the middle was just some running off of the alum joists of the storage area. Any thoughts or experiences with a leak in that general area. It was about two palm sized spots so nothing drastic but I would like to alleviate any issues before it becomes drastic.

Thanks for any assistance you might could offer,
    Lee

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lee take the access panel off the back wall of the storage area (drivers side) and look and feel for the drip. Most times you can tighten the culprit and be on your way. If you need more help take pictures and report back, we will help you.

BTW Welcome to the forum.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lee - a strange location for water to be on a 303 trusting that when you say middle that you are referencing about 1/2 way between the curb and street side walls ? We had a small shower leak (door track) where a small drip leaked down the inside wall right near the street side compartment door about in the middle (front to rear) of the compartment.

As the 303 bathroom sink plumbing is close to the center area (curb side to street side) possibly the water lines or drain line could leak and find its way there. Also,the water pump is located right behind the basement rear storage wall near the center of the RV and possibly a leak at the connections and it "ran" along the floor and stopped and pooled where you reference.

Lastly, could/can you tell if the water was fresh water (hook up/tank or even possibly rain) or gray water (or I really doubt it but black water ?)

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Red and Toes for your replies, it's back in the storage lot as of now but the next time I hook up I'll try looking at those locations. One other thing (forgive the newbie), there is an alum panel running from front to back of the storage area approx. 12" wide, do either of you know what that section is?

Thanks again,
    Lee

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lee - as you describe it, it sounds like that is the heat duct run which sends heat up through the bedroom vent at the foot of the bed and to the vent opening (there s/b one) in that run down to the storage compartment area.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lee, we had the exact same small puddle of water in the center of the pass through floor after camping at the PDI site overnight. The source was the lower shower door track was not properly sealed and water was dripping on the floor, found its way under the sink and outside followed sink drain pipe, and dripped into the passthrough.

After taking a shower check the bathroom floor for water.

The dealer used some silicone seal but it still leaked. I resealed it and the floor had been dry for months.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar issue in mine. It was the water connections to the bathroom sink. They were loose at the faucet connection. Tighten them up and problem solved.
    Arnold Warnes
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS
    2004 Ford F350 Lariat 4x4 Dually

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the tips and sounds like I'll have a bit of a "fishing" expedition next hook up.

Thanks again,
    Lee

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Bode View Post
    Thanks for all the tips and sounds like I'll have a bit of a "fishing" expedition next hook up.

Thanks again,
    Lee
    If you can, hook up water, use the hand held shower head, start spraying down the area where the shower doors mate with the "base tub" and look for leaks outside and underneath. Pay special attention to the corners (that was where mine leaks the most. If it does leak, silicone it up but good...
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Morning, the "mystery" leak has reared its head in another location and I may have to go the dreaded back to the dealer route however I thought I would try the wealth of knowledge on here prior to. We recently completed an 11 day enjoyable trip to Kerr Lake here close to home. On day 9 I noticed some water on the right side of the hutch where it sits on the flooring. I took a towel and placed it in the cutout between the two lower cabinets and had to wring it out about 5 or 6 times. I then went into the pass through storage and removed the access panel completely and ran my hands over every waterline, connections, and drain lines and could not find the first sign of wetness on the whole assembly. The water was clear and the morning after (I left the access panel off and both doors of the pass through open for ventilation) there was no more water under the hutch. A head scratcher for sure but of concern in that this is the 2nd evidence of a water leak that I cannot locate. Thanks for any tips you may have.

Lee
    Lee and Michelle
    2017 Reflections 303RLS Build Date 12/14/16
    2015 F-250 Lariat 4x4 6.2L V8 3.73
    B&W Turnover ball and Andersen Ult 5th Wheel
    Prev:2015 Keystone Passport 2890RL
    2014 F-150 XLT 4x4 3.5L EcoBoost with Max Towing Package
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited w/Trailer Tow Group 3.6L 4x4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast