User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    WishUponanRVStar!

Re: I need help with my decission.

Isn't that odd. I would definitely ask for a different salesman. We just bought our 369RL from Lazydays the end of December, but had a much better salesman experience. We actually ended up with two salesmen, as the first was more experienced with Class A's, but he called in someone else who was more knowledgeable in fifth wheels once we stated that was our intended rig. Grand design was his first suggestion, after finding out we were looking for an extended stay rig. I was impressed they didn't first steer us to DRV ;D Just remember to pack your patience with you at LD, the process does not move swiftly!

Al and Karen
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2008 Ford F450

http://wishuponanrvstar.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. We stopped at Lazy Days last February and looked at some units. Once I had decided on the Reflection 303RLS, we got in contact with our salesman at Lazy Days. He said he would not sell us that unit without sending our 2008 Chevy 2500 HD to get a spring added and certified for the extra weight ($1500). We have an LTZ crew cab long bed 2WD diesel, and it was (just barely) over GVWR but lots under the RAWR with our previous 5er which was about 1000 lb lighter than the Reflection. We haven't weighed it yet, and I have not yet driven it. The husband said it drives, and stops, just fine but you can tell it is bigger. We ended up buying from a 'local' dealer (100 miles from home), and so far are very happy with the dealer. Staying light, the other unit on our list was a Montana High Country, but the Grand Design was better for us.

Looking forward to our first long trip. We only did a 2 night checkout so far.

If you are buying a new truck, get the 1 ton; it will give you more carrying capacity for a 5er.

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will try again with Lazydays but will get another sales person to be sure. I/we have decided to get the Solitude 369RL and I have been looking at the RAM 3500 turbo diesel and adding a little help in the rear either with air bags or Timbrens as stated above. In this part of the world everyone wants to have a 4X4 and a 4X2 srw is hard to come by. I hope to be on the road and headed west for some additional National Park time. Thank you all for all your help and I am happy to see the flow of information is so free on this site. Thank you all again and have a wonderful time in your campers and hope to see you on the road.
    Richard & Sandy
    Solitude 369rl #2954
    2014 Ram 3500 Super cab, Ram box 6.7 Cummins 4X4 SRW
    Charleston area SC

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buy the GD Solitude its the best of the 2 I had and Alpine and all it was, was a souped up Montana the salesman has a better commission on the Keystone Montana a little about Lazydays I bought my Solitude from lazydays and I was not happy with the after sales services. Also GD will help you when you have a problem but you are just a # to Montana.
    just my 2 cents worth.
    Charles
    2014 Solitude 369RL# 334
    2008 Chevy Dually 3500
    Love my 5th Wheel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you clc530 for your information. I have found that my local dealer has added GD to his inventory and has a 369 in stock and the best thing is he is $1500 under my friend at LAzy days and has been in the area for many years and has a good rep. I like to shop local so I guess I can't ask for a better situation. I am working with the truck dealers to see who will give me a good deal on the high end 3500 srw diesel. As soon as the house sells I am off to the mountains to spend a few months revisiting the National Parks of Utah.
    Richard & Sandy
    Solitude 369rl #2954
    Charleston area SC

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote author=photogent link=topic=288.msg2069#msg2069 date=1391475522]
    As soon as the house sells I am off to the mountains to spend a few months revisiting the National Parks of Utah.
    [/quote]

What a great decision. I'm sure you'll enjoy your Solitude.
    We are headed to Utah later this summer, actually it'll be Sept by the time we get there. Any tips on good places to camp would be welcomed.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

We looked at the Montana's, and the Heartland rigs...literally thousands of fifth wheels before we bought! We loved the colors and the spaciousness of the GD. We also really enjoyed the "special" touches of the GD over the other rigs. For my tow vehicle, I decided on the Ram 3500 with a set of bags. I didn't need the bags per se, but they do definitely impact the chucking of the truck while towing. Overall I'm really impressed with both of them. I would not have gone with a 2500, and am glad I didn't. For the difference in price, it was worth it.
    Ct..
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Chris and I am going that way as soon as I can get the house sold. Now as far as the set of bags is concerned, I am not going to mention my wife and anything like that or I may get in over my head. I was looking at the optional AIR bags for the Ram 3500 Turbo D srw truck. I hope I am off the hook on this one.
    Richard & Sandy
    Solitude 369rl #2954
    Charleston area SC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12