Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awning lights and running lights not working

I have a 2017 Imagine 2600 rb trailer. Awning lights and running lights will not come on. Checked all fuses and all are OK. Main fuse on tongue is OK as well. No dealer near by. Any idea how to find and fix problem. Any ideas would be appreciated

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Running lights are powered by the tow vehicle. Check your fuses there.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks I will do that.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiliman85131 View Post
    I have a 2017 Imagine 2600 rb trailer. Awning lights and running lights will not come on. Checked all fuses and all are OK. Main fuse on tongue is OK as well. No dealer near by. Any idea how to find and fix problem. Any ideas would be appreciated
    If your Imagine is the same as our Reflection, they use red LEDs to indicate that the 12V DC fuse is blown. This isn't 100% and there's been cases that the fuse is blown but the LED isn't lit. If you haven't already, try replacing the 12V fuse for awning power/light.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add to what Dave has said, if your awning lights are on the outer part of the awning (not mounted to the side of the trailer), the wires leading to them are more susceptible to fraying, getting pinched, or other damage due to movement. As Curtis said, the 12V house system (awning and interior lighting) and running light system are two separate systems and don't have anything to do with each other.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The awning lights are attached to side of
    of trailer and check fused to awning light and is not blown. I was hoping there was a hidden fuse somewhere that I was not aware of. Thanks for all your info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pull your main control panel off, where the switches are. I pulled my awning switch out to check the connections, due to my awning not working. I think, I remember a 2amp fuse that controls the awning lights behind the panel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little learning lesson from my experience - - I am usually ANAL about certain procedures, but while prepping for a trip the other day I unknowingly swapped the positive/negative battery leads... OUCH! (not me, the FUSES!) Even though I had the trailer plugged into shore power, the refrigerator would not run - even on gas. No lights either - NONE of the 12 volt items worked; overhead lights, radio, fans. Although the TV worked, it's direct 110 volt and was powered from the shore power. This was when I went back and retraced my steps to the battery and found my error.

Long story short - I disconnected the battery and shore power. In the fuse panel I found the two main 40 amp fuses blown, and the 15 amp fuse for the ceiling lights blown. A quick continuity check on the rest of the fuses showed they survived. After replacing the fuses I reconnected the battery (correct polarity!) and plugged in shore power. ALL systems worked EXCEPT the awning light and radio. KUDOS to savage99ss - I pulled the main control center panel out, and voila! There is indeed a 2 amp fuse and it was blown. That fixed the awning lights. Then I pulled the radio, and found a blown 10 amp fuse! ALL FIXED AND WORKING!

I hope this helps someone who has experienced this. Note: According to Grand Design, the refrigerator needs 12 volt power to operate. Even though I had shore power, I suspect the blown 40 amp fuses were preventing the shore power from getting to the converter.

Happy & Safe Travels!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This 2 amp fuse has been the cuprite more than once. It gets mention on different threads in different websites. Odds or good that is your problem.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Dually

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagine_Nomad View Post
    A little learning lesson from my experience - - I am usually ANAL about certain procedures, but while prepping for a trip the other day I unknowingly swapped the positive/negative battery leads... OUCH! (not me, the FUSES!) Even though I had the trailer plugged into shore power, the refrigerator would not run - even on gas. No lights either - NONE of the 12 volt items worked; overhead lights, radio, fans. Although the TV worked, it's direct 110 volt and was powered from the shore power. This was when I went back and retraced my steps to the battery and found my error.

Long story short - I disconnected the battery and shore power. In the fuse panel I found the two main 40 amp fuses blown, and the 15 amp fuse for the ceiling lights blown. A quick continuity check on the rest of the fuses showed they survived. After replacing the fuses I reconnected the battery (correct polarity!) and plugged in shore power. ALL systems worked EXCEPT the awning light and radio. KUDOS to savage99ss - I pulled the main control center panel out, and voila! There is indeed a 2 amp fuse and it was blown. That fixed the awning lights. Then I pulled the radio, and found a blown 10 amp fuse! ALL FIXED AND WORKING!

I hope this helps someone who has experienced this. Note: According to Grand Design, the refrigerator needs 12 volt power to operate. Even though I had shore power, I suspect the blown 40 amp fuses were preventing the shore power from getting to the converter.

Happy & Safe Travels!

NOMAD - I know this is an old post, so I hope you see my question. When you say that you "pulled the main control center panel out", can you clarify where exactly are you talking about seeing this 2 amp fuse?

Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast