User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection folding dinette chairs

Will Grand Design be recalling all the faulty folding Chairs for the dinettes in the reflections? Our 303rls was purchased in January of 2017 and we are down to one dinette chair. The screws in the legs of the stationary chairs are causing the wood of the legs to crack and split. And the folding chairs just fall apart . Had two guests fall to the floor from the folding chairs. Have noticed that the 2018's no longer have the folding chairs. will you be replacing our faulty chairs also?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We haven't tried ours out yet, but will be after reading about the problem. We like the idea of the folding chairs, and travel with them under the bed to be used if needed.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnGuy View Post
    We haven't tried ours out yet, but will be after reading about the problem. We like the idea of the folding chairs, and travel with them under the bed to be used if needed.
    We couldn't get both folding chairs under the bed. That's how I broke one of them, forcing it into the space. My husband also said the screws were too short, causing the wood to split.

He fixed it.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found a loose bolt on the floor and couldn't figure out where it had come from until my wife mentioned that one of the chairs seemed wobbly. When I checked I found that it was one of the pivot bolts and the other was loose. Re-installed the bolt and tightened the other. Didn't think much about it until I read this string. Will have to check all chairs for signs of damage.
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2014 303 did not come with the 2 folding chairs but we removed 2 chairs (in storage) and travel with 2 padded seat metal folding chairs (like new ,from a garage sale) stowed under the bed.
    I think there is less bulk for storage and more stability with the folding metal chairs. It's been almost 1 year since we did this and have yet to need the extra chairs because we're almost always eating outside at the picnic table.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up. We have the folding chairs, no problems so far. We have a friend that weighs 300lbs and he sat on one for a few hours while we played games one evening. I won't let him sit on a folding chair again. I usually try to steer him to the couch. A chair collapsing while you're seated could cause serious injury.