Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Race Track Campgrounds

Please post what your favorite racing is. Also include campground ratings.
    I like Nascar and anything on dirt. We go to Bristol TN every year and stay at "Bill Gaines Campground".
    All dry camping. Usually no problems. I give it 7.5/10
    Looking for info on Eldora OH, Martinsville VA, Darlington SC, Long Pond PA (Pocono)
    If you like motocross and are in Indiana check out Wildcat Creek Motocross (www.wildcatcreekmx.com)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are planning a trip to Bristol in April 2016 for the FOOD CITY 500. Any advice you can offer first timers?

I think we are going to stay at the Race Day Center campground. Thanks!
    The statement below is true.
    The statement above is false.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Shamus
    We go to Pocono and stay in the infield. All dry camping. We go to both races get there thur. And leave mon. Very nice facilities very accommodating people. Any questions let me know
    Bill
    Kim and Bill
    NY
    2014 386RD Solitude
    2014 F350 short bed 6.7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We go to New Hampshire Motor Speedway every year for both races. All dry camping also. Been going since they opened. Arrive on Wednesday night and leave on Monday.
    We plan on going to Charlotte Motor Speedway in October and staying at Tom Johnson Camping Park, really nice place to stay with full hook-ups available.
    Estelle & Chris Drew
    2022 - Ford F350
    2016 - Grand Design 5th Wheel - 337RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been to lots of NASCAR races and started tailgating at Texas this last year. Dry camping and a great great time, it's the best way to do a race in my opinion. We will start taking the trailer to races all over.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to Dega every spring . rent four camp sites in south park and usually have about 25 people go . we take campers and tents. great time . also have started going to Bristol in the spring and Kentucky. (Good place and the 3 night races are fun. )Much less activity going on and we usually only go with 4 people for those two races. Atlanta ,which is more local ,only if the weather is good . Race date is terrible so we probably wont go.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dega is high on my list to go to. Hopefully we can next year. Only issue is season tickets to Texas and they are so close together.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know where to go to camp on racing weekends. I can tell you that I never want to boondock at Talladega Raceway again.

When my neighbor started that huge construction generator at 7:00 a.m. and ran it to midnight, you can forget sleep. And I went back to visit around their campfire circle. When a guy handed me a microphone and told me to sing kareoke to Ernest Tubb's "T for Texas", it was time to leave.

There wasn't a decent looking person for 1/2 mile. And the women were totally unacceptable and ugly.