Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question on Fresh Water tank filling and draining on 27RL 5th wheel

Hello,

We picked up our new 2017 27RL 5th wheel Wednesday and we are prepping it for our first trip leaving Sunday.

The dealer showed me how to connect fresh water to unit and the one connection handles filling fresh water tank and city water depending on how levers are set. I have several questions that need cleared up for me:

1. How will I know when fresh water tank is full?

2. How do I drain the fresh water tank?

2. Is there a water filter somewhere or do I need a inline filter on my hose?

Thanks to everyone for there help

Dave

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These comments are based on my 303rls. I'm assuming they are the same on your unit.
    1. There should be a small 1" hose extending vertically under the trailer, this is your tank overflow.
    2. In the same area as the single vertical hose, you should find a 2"? valve(White?) with a handle similar to your waste tank valves. Careful opening it, you might get a shower.
    3. No inline filter. You will have to provide your own.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpgllg View Post
    Hello,

We picked up our new 2017 27RL 5th wheel Wednesday and we are prepping it for our first trip leaving Sunday.

The dealer showed me how to connect fresh water to unit and the one connection handles filling fresh water tank and city water depending on how levers are set. I have several questions that need cleared up for me:

Dave
    For filling, you can go by your tank meters inside the unit. Unfortunately thay are not precise. I can get 10-11 gallons of water in my tank after the meter hits F. I watch for water to start trickling out the overflow tube mentioned in the other post then stop. If you try to travel that way though you will loose a lot of water from sloshing and possible siphoning. So, if trying to travel with water don't fill to max, if just filling up at a campground and then pulling into your site, use the overflow tube.
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpgllg View Post
    Hello,

Dave
    Here is a picture of what I did for a water filter. There Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170518_215448013.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	8718is not one on the reflection line.
    Click image for larger version. 

ID:	8718
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all for your quick and helpful responses!

I will be adding water to tank in just a bit as we are getting ready to leave tomorrow

Thanks again

Dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    Here is a picture of what I did for a water filter. There Click image for larger version. 

ID:	8718is not one on the reflection line.
    Click image for larger version. 

ID:	8718
    Thanks for this. I installed it (even the green hose!) and it works wonderfully.

This maybe a dumb question, but how did you take that blue curly hose off the connection? Is it connected to the check valve, meaning I should not disconnect it when connected to city water?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    Keith

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keef033 View Post
    Thanks for this. I installed it (even the green hose!) and it works wonderfully.

This maybe a dumb question, but how did you take that blue curly hose off the connection? Is it connected to the check valve, meaning I should not disconnect it when connected to city water?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    The "blue curly hose" is normally hooked up to the quick disconnect on the "outdoor shower" spickit (between the hot and cold knobs at the top of the pictures. Hook it up or disconnect with out pressure on the line. In other words make sure the faucet knobs are shut off and no pressure on the hose otherwise it is very difficult to hook up/disconnect. But still doable. I actually leave mine hooked up all the time now...

Jim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also buy a male quick disconnect fitting for the outside shower that was a male standard garden hose fitting. They are a nice brass piece and it is nice to be able to use a standard hose off of the shower;
    https://www.dwincorp.com/product/bra...-hose-fitting/

FYI; you do still have to push in while holding the collar back to get this fitting out of the female side. At $6 a piece I bought 3 and have them on different length hoses. I use a short 24" piece of hose to run the black tank flush every dump.
    Del & Vickie
    2016 Reflection 337
    2015 GMC Denali 3500HD w/Hips - 4WD