Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prob can't hurt!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan XD View Post
    Obviously this is a nit-pick......but........

Oh - and thanks to all that answered some questions I had about surge protectors/brands/recommendations. OK - now for the nit-pick.

I'm surprised that the premium brand's portable surge protectors don't have one of those convenient molded-in handles for insertion/extraction of the plug into the power post.

Tom
    I think the molded handle might cause door to stand open on electric box
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Progressive 50A EMS hardwired. I installed the unit right next to our transfer switch by removing one of the basement wall panels. It's only 4 screws to open the wall panel.

I removed the incoming power line from the transfer switch, and hooked it to the input on the Progressive EMS. I then used a short section of the same cord material to hook the output of the EMS to the shore power input on the transfer switch.

In speaking with Cummins-Onan and Progressive Industries, I opted to to it this way, rather than hooking it to the output from the transfer switch (which would cover either shore power or generator power). The incidents of power issues caused by generators are statistically very low. The incidents of shore power issues damaging the transfer switch are more common. With the Progressive EMS installed between shore power and the transfer switch, the transfer switch and everything downstream are protected.

I did install their two-display switch kit. I have one display mounted inside at the power control panel, and the other in the main hookup compartment on the trailer. That way I can see it while I'm outside setting the trailer up, then switch it to inside when parked.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SanJoseDale View Post
    Prob can't hurt!
    Nope, the EMS-HW50 I installed has instructions for wiring after a transfer box for protection from generator and AC power. Mine is wired right before the circuit breaker panel so will protect us from AC and generator issues...
    Bradley & Glenna
    2016 29rs Reflection
    2016 Ford F250 - B&W Patriot 18k Slider

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345