User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2018 2400BH took delivery but had an issue..what would you do?

I just got my 2018 Imagine 2400BH a week ago, order with L-shaped lounge in place of the dinette. This is our first new camper(have had many great used ones). Went through PDI and the walk through. Everything looked good with a few issues.

Took the camper on its maiden voyage, from TN to FL. Noticed a cut (aprox 6 inch with the width of a screw) and scrape in the floor, where the edge of the L-shaped lounge slides in and rests. A closer look revealed touch up paint on the floor. I made a call to the dealer to voice my displeasure. Told them I was disappointed they did not disclose this to me, as I would not have accepted. Was told later the Warranty guy said he found this when they took delivery. Dealer has pointed me to GD. I have spoke with a Rep at GD and they have offered to drive the unit back to the factory and put a new floor in. Should I demand a new unit? I feel like this is alot of removal of parts for a new unit.

Also other issues:
    Axles leaking (was aware before purchase)
    Power awning not working
    Large window in slide leaking water
    Fiberglass side wall on the awning side has a raised area, like the top of a basketball

Thoughts?

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I had a pretty significant issue with my 2014 337RLS. GD took it back from Arizona and fixed it and made sure everything was top notch. The guys in the service shop are the best of the best. They have many more years of experience than the typical factory assemblers. When I got my rig delivered back to Arizona, it was in great shape and they even took care of some items that I hadn't caught myself. Putting a new floor in is a pretty large job, but these are the best guys to do it. I'd take them up on their offer to repair it at the factory service center. Give them a punch list with all the problems and they'll take care of it.

Jim

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too would take up the offer to send it back to the factory. They will probably do a better job and you'll get a better unit back then even if you got a new one. I 2nd having them do all the repairs that you can find.

I too had a problem with my 303 during the PDI I saw some small marks on the bedroom wall. I told the dealer just too lightly try to clean these it wasn't a real big deal. Instead of that they tried to use some sort of chemical cleaner and took the color out of the wall so now I have a whole new section of wall on order.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My biggest worry would be the raised area in the sidewall followed by the leaking window. If GD offered to take it back to the factory for repair, I'd go for it.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK