Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TV console Accent Lights are possessed

In our new 376th there are two sets of accent lights above the TV/Fireplace console. They are controlled by nice touch switches on the left hand side of the console. The blue accent light works just fine. The white accent light however is doing really strange things.

I turned it on to show it off to some visitors. When I went to turn it off it refused. After a day, it is now pulsing, slowly fading off then back on again. Touching the light switch does nothing.

I tried pulling some fuses but it remained on.

Does anyone know where the fuse for these lights are?

Does the switch cap just pry off?

Such a silly thing I hate to make a warranty fuss about it.

Dallas

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went into the front bay and turned off the battery switch. Nothing happened. Really nothing happened. So I went into the breaker panel and found the converter breaker. Turned it to off. The RV was plunged into darkness, there was a loud scream.

I forgot my niece was taking a shower and I plunged her into darkness. Thank goodness for my wife who knows me well and was able to settle things down.

I turn the breaker on, then the battery cutoff switch. It took a minute to get the rest of the RV lights back on. But the front console accent lights remained off.

Yahooo!

Being bold, I tested the switch. On - off. on - off. on - off. on - off. No problems. I am a genius, I fixed it. Well probably not. The accent light is behaving. We don't use it much so will probably just leave it off, no more showing off for the neighbors.

Dallas

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your post had me laughing this morning Dallas. When the light starts making a heartbeat sound, it's time to evacuate....

Jim

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jim, I was afraid I had used too strong of language and scared folks off. But it didn't scare off GD, Missy contacted me directly and offered help.

After the reset the lights work fine. What I didn't know was that when you cut all DC power the controller thingy reboots also and turns the water heater off. So when I went to take my shower this morning it was invigorating. Opened the control panel and re-selected electric water heater on. All is well.

Learning the intricacies of a new RV is an adventure in itself. The 376TH is a pretty good sized play ground.

Dallas

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you gotta love a problem that won't stay fixed. Looks like I might have to fix it better. Everybody swears they didn't touch the switch, yet the lights were pulsing again when we got back from hiking and they won't go off.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no! We also have the 376 and haven't had that issue. Wish I could offer some help but I'm sure GD will step up.
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    Well you gotta love a problem that won't stay fixed. Looks like I might have to fix it better. Everybody swears they didn't touch the switch, yet the lights were pulsing again when we got back from hiking and they won't go off.
    Dallas, maybe it is connected to the wireless aggravation sensor system with the Murphy's Law database.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GD has offered assistance, I may eventually have to take them up on the offer, but for right now we are having too much fun with the lights. I decided to see if I could pull the switch out and have a look at it. So I got my trusty pocket knife out and was gently probing around the switch plate to see how it was fastened. After poking it a couple of times with the knife the lights went out.

I tried the switch, lights came on. I tried it again, lights went off. Seems to be working fine now. I think I scared it into behaving.

Can you see me writing a tech report for GD: "If the front console lights pulse on and off without obvious input from the user poke the switch a couple of times with a pocket knife. If this does not work reset the wireless aggravation sensor system and resort the Murphy's Law data base to put the problem at the bottom of the list." (Thanks for the idea Jim)

Dallas

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be more concerned if they're blinking and you hear "Hello Dave (or Dallas). You're looking well today."
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    Be more concerned if they're blinking and you hear "Hello Dave (or Dallas). You're looking well today."
    I was talking to my son about the latest "AI takes over the world" movie and made reference to HAL. He didn't get it. Then I googled the movie Space Odyssey, it shocked me to find out it was released in 1968. That'll make you feel old.

Today the lights work fine.

Dallas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast