User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Amateur Radio

Gale-n8gs
    N8GS here
    Just did the factory tour yesterday. Not as tidy as I had expected but its the final product that counts. Wife was impressed. Looks like Saturday we go to see what the $ damage will be for a 337. I have already figured out where to put the station and how to get power to it. Thats why I wanted to take the tour. I am planning on removing the Hide-a-bed and installing a desktop in its place.
    I haven't even signed the papers and I,m already modifying it.
    Gale

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N8GS - WOW that sounds like a major mod for your station. Dave made a box that holds his transceiver; it sits under the table for travel and on the end table for use, with the laptop on a tv tray table. The antenna cables come through the underbelly into the bottom of the end table, then through the top of the end table (nice computer table grommet there).

Guess we should start a thread to show off the radio mods for the camper... Maybe after we return from Florida...

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Gale-n8gs
    The intent is to also give my wife a place to do her scrapbooking. My nice shinny new Yaesu FT-991 arrived this afternoon. It will be my travelin' radio along with a FT-857 in the truck. Now where am I gonna put the Honda generators? Oh thats right I can move the Solar panels and batteries from my Cougar. I often hang out on the RV.NET Tech forum using my callsign.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont own a amateur radio but Im thinking of getting into this. Besides a rewarding hobby I see that it may be the only means of communication in our world if a cyber attack or some other thing would happen. I will be reading all of your posts and absorbing everything!
    Reflection 337
    2012 F-250 26,000 miles
    2015 F-250 46,000 miles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    W7SGA here.

It very well may be at that. Most of our infrastructure behind the scenes is going Voice over IP (VoIP, using TCP/IP to carry voice). It's not hard to render it useless.

We will be documenting the installation of the radios and antennas in our 385TH.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    RamGunner - I'll be following your posts too. I haven't been active in a very long time, but my license still is. I just bought a used Yaesu FT-840 HF Transceiver. Now I need to get a tuner and antenna for it. I'm thinking about purchasing a Buddipole for the antenna system. I also need to get a new CW key. Haven't seen my old one in years. I was a high speed code operator in the Coast Guard many, many years ago.

Jim General Class
    Last edited by TucsonJim; 12-13-2018 at 11:36 AM.

Gale-n8gs
    Got the checkbook out and put some $ down on a new 337RLS. I'm adding the big reefer and double pane windows. Haggled for a bit and got a reasonable price. I was able to work a deal with the dealer where when I take my Cougar to then for the trade-in I will then go to the factory and pick up the 337 and take it to the dealer for the prep work. It saves me several hundred dollars and its less than 75 miles.
    Now I just have to figure out how to get the Cougar through a 6 foot high snow bank so that I can clean it out.

Jimbobbailey
    Jim and Nancy,
    KA0NZZ and K0NNC,
    Bailey, CO

ColoradoJoel
    K1REF here.....did anyone ever post pics or plans of antenna installs?
    Joel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll start a new thread later today.

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A