Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Atlanta Camping and RV Show

Cill and I went to the Atlanta RV show this past weekend and we had the pleasure of meeting Don Clark, the President and Co-owner of Grand Design. We had a wonderful, but short conversation with him due to the number of folks looking at the Grand Design products.

Mark Hauser was also present, but he was way too busy with customers to bother. I don't know about Mark, but I do think Don checks in on the forum from time to time due to some of his comments about the Owners Forum. When we told him we were Solitude owners he mentioned we should join the forum

The short time we were there, 2 Momentum 385TH's and 1 Solitude 369RL were sold. They also had a Reflection 337RL and a Solitude 379FL on display.

I am more and more impressed with this company every day. Getting to speak with Don Clark and seeing Mark Hauser in action, you could feel and see their enthusiasm and pride in their products.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Atlanta Camping and RV Show

You should work with these guys on a daily basis........never ceases to amaze me who quickly and efficiently they return information.

I deal with Marc, Micah (Reflection engineer) and even Bill Fenech on occaison, and all are very attentive and responsive to anything we need.

Here's a little tidbit that isn't quite public knowledge yet......Reflection travel trailers are coming soon!!
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Ron S

How nice was the 379 in person?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[quote author=Ron S link=topic=299.msg2065#msg2065 date=1391466671]
    How nice was the 379 in person?
    [/quote]

As far as the décor, not any nicer than the 369RL. As far as the room, the extra 3.6ft makes the 379FL seem a whole lot larger. The front living room is comparable or larger than most apartment living rooms. You can seat 8 people comfortably in the living room and sleep 4 there.

Cill loved it and said the 379FL would be our next camper. I can see a F450 in my distant future

cuttinchief

We bought the 379FL in KC. It is huge as stated the huge 50 in TV and two fold out couches along with theater seating make for a very nice livingroom actual. The slideouts in the kitchen work together. One side comes in then the other comes in with one controller,hopefully they are problem free. It makes the kitchen huge. The bedroom has 2 dressers and washer/dryer closet,plus a walk- in closet. There are no windows by the bed but lower to the ground I don't think I really care for that sun blinding me in the mornings like on my previous 5ver. It does have a nice window across from the bed. The slideouts makes the bedroom look huge. I don't care for the matress so I went to the queen instead of king and I am keeping my Trump Mattress queen. This is a nice heavy unit that is because of how well the frame and construction is. This could be a DRV / excel/ etc killer just by adding all the fluff of residential frig. Convection microwave,dual pane windows , high end furniture, overkill axles and upgraded tires, snap in wood tile , bigger tanks and full body paint. This unit already had all the R- factor and construction and frame to compete. You could upgrade to the top end by adding fluff yourself,not that this unit isn't luxurious because it is. But they have built the bones of the top units and that's the most important aspect.This is a great trailer that we plan on full timing in. Oh we got the gen prep also for future since we have a portable big honda. The best out there if seen lately

cuttinchief

Forgot we will be towing our 379fL with our Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Longhorn. Shouldn't have a problem.