Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings from Powder Springs, Georgia

I joined this forum a year ago and have been lurking the whole time. This is my first post. My DW Brenda and I have been camping for decades and bought a competitors travel trailer three years ago and have been enjoying it since. I saw the Reflection 315RLTS a year ago and said that was the one when we move up from our current TT. The current TT has two slides and a king bed. So we wanted to have at least as many amenities as that. Tomorrow we go down to Macon to look at the 315RLTS again and hopefully we will be getting one in the next year, in fact by the end of this calendar year would be great. I am fortunate to be able to do all my own maintenance but, I don't know for how much longer.

About myself, I am retired from the US Navy after 30 yrs and then went back to school in 1992 and became a Chiropractor. I sold my practice in 2006 and cannot use the word retired so I call myself a bum which keeps me younger. We have a 2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic Crew Cab short box tow vehicle with many modifications and it is great. We have two adult children but no grand children. We do have a small 8-10lb poodle that is red and his name is Red. He goes almost everywhere with us.

We have camped as far south as Mulberry, FL which is about 50 mi. East of Tampa, as far West as Sikeston, MO coming back from picking up our current TT in Chanute, KS and as far North as Burlington, NC. with this unit. There are only three states I have not been to Alaska, Montana, and Wyoming.

I have a zillion questions regarding the Reflection TT's and will try hard to not make myself a pain and contribute where I can.
    Barry:D
    USN Retired
    2007 GMC Sierra Classic 2500HD, many mods, B&W rollball Gooseneck hitch and Anderson Ultimate adaptor
    2020 Reflection 337RLS, TorxLift stairs, bug screens on Furnace, HWH, Fridge, Cross bar on screen door
    Yanmar Sc2450

Rolling Along
    Now-Oct 2018: Prince William Forest Park, NPS, Triangle VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, M!

In close to 3 years on the forum, I've yet to see anyone be a pain. Whether it's a question, comment, or opinion, your input is valued.

Dave

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    2015 Reflection 337RLS, #931, Built 6/14, Purchased New 1/15
    2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW CC, 8' Bed, 4WD, Z71, Duramax/Allison
    11,600 GVW, 3,739 Payload, 16.1 mpg for first 21,000 miles
    Reese Elite 18K Hitch with underbed rails
    Amateur Radio KQ3T (ex-WN8PXF, WA8PXF, N3CKQ)
    Felines: Butter (Abyssinian), Cinnamon (Burmese, R.I.P.), and Harry (Orange Tiger Cat, Rescued from Sutton Lake CG, WV)
    2018: Visitor Center Volunteer at Prince William Forest Park, Triangle VA, June thru October
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, Barry ! Great forum with helpful and knowledgable folks ! My dad was a navy man in WWII and moderator Tucson Jim and his wife along with several other great people here are Navy Vets.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to our group! Did you catch a roll at Lammerts in Sikeston
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah... another Georgian! whoo hoo.... we can almost get our own Southern Rally going in the late fall some time..

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the welcoming. Yes, I caught a roll at Lambert's but I was really impressed with the grandmothers in there they were really good at it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marauderer,

Another Georgia family here (Newnan)!
    I myself went to the Macon dealer and they seemed to be a good group of people. However, we couldn't agree on a price. Let me recommend if I may Northgate RV in Ringold GA to you. Myself and my in-laws purchased here. As a matter of fact, they just brought their new 337 home yesterday from Northgate! Great dealership that nobody I talked to in my 2 year search for our 303 could even get close to in price as well as service. In no way am I advocating for this dealer! Just passing along my family's experience. Seeing you in Powder Springs just made me wanna pass this along to you in case you maybe didn't realize Northgate was even there.

Welcome and best of luck!
    2015 Ram SRW 3500 4x4 Cummins
    B&W Patriot 16K
    2011 Crossroads Cruiser 29BHX (Traded)
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Scott & Jennifer
    Newnan GA

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greene728 View Post
    Marauderer,

Another Georgia family here (Newnan)!
    I myself went to the Macon dealer and they seemed to be a good group of people. However, we couldn't agree on a price. Let me recommend if I may Northgate RV in Ringold GA to you. Myself and my in-laws purchased here. As a matter of fact, they just brought their new 337 home yesterday from Northgate! Great dealership that nobody I talked to in my 2 year search for our 303 could even get close to in price as well as service. In no way am I advocating for this dealer! Just passing along my family's experience. Seeing you in Powder Springs just made me wanna pass this along to you in case you maybe didn't realize Northgate was even there.

Welcome and best of luck!
    Scott, went to Campers Inn in Macon today and will definitely check out Northgate in the next week or so. Thank you so much for your experience input.
    USN Retired
    2007 GMC Sierra Classic 2500HD, many mods, B&W rollball Gooseneck hitch and Anderson Ultimate adaptor
    2020 Reflection 337RLS, TorxLift stairs, bug screens on Furnace, HWH, Fridge, Cross bar on screen door
    Yanmar Sc2450

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ....jumping on the bandwagon about Northgate as well.... that's where we are buying ours from once I get back from my deployment. Folks at Campers Inn are cool, but the amount of $ we are saving at Northgate is unbelievable! I haven't even met Billy and the group yet, and I already feel like family. Gonna try to plan a camp trip while we are in that area instead of buying it and bring it home right away.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scott and Sloemo, thanks for speaking up about Northgate. My wife and I went up today and I was very impressed with their quote the time and patience they had with us answering all of our questions. If I could have stood the pressure of purchasing a unit today I would have. I need to sell my other TT first and then we will get one on order. The wife said she would consider a fiver so we are still looking.
    USN Retired
    Yanmar Sc2450

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast