Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dishwasher on end of counter???

We are considering the 377mbs model. It looks like a wonderful floorplan for us. I have loved my dishwasher in our current rig....and am curious that this particular model doesn't offer that option. So....I have a couple of questions. First, has anyone with this model added a dishwasher?? Secondly, I see that in other models, the dishwasher is on the end of the island. Those of you that might have that configuration....how to you like it there?? It seems a bit awkward....but maybe not...especially with the cabinets just across from the end of the island in that floorpan. TIA for your input.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have it in our 396RL-R and love it. It has never seemed awkward to us and it is a great little dishwasher (Furrion)
    2016 Solitude 369RL
    2005 Airstream 396 XL LandYacht Motorhome (Yes they made some!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been wondering the same thing. The Solitude 310-GK which is a similar floor pan has a dishwasher option in the end of the island. If the island widths are the same, it looks doable. Also, the distance from the end of the island to the sink would have to be deep enough for the dishwasher to fit.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK...new idea. Has anyone thought of replacing the three drawers to the left of the sink with a dishwasher drawer? I know....I know....I'm stuck on having a dw! Please don't judge me!!!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've added dishwashers before and in places that people wouldn't normally add them like in a slide without water. It is pretty easy to do and you can really add them anywhere you have space or can live without the storage. Sometimes it makes sense like on an island and this certainly is much easier. Another popular place is to rip the oven out, which if you have convection anyway is redundant unless you dry camp a lot, and place it in there.

You are simply limited by your imagination and what you're willing to do to get it installed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a dishwasher and it is Koldfront PDW60EW. My family love using this dishwasher. The top is easy to open so you can dry the dishes, no excess water to spray out, the rack rolls out easily. and it is very easy to install.