Hello All,
We’re new to the forum and although we haven’t ordered our 337RLS yet, we will soon. We recently sold our Foretravel Grand Villa diesel pusher motor home to convert to the 5er lifestyle. After months of research and confusion with floor plans we’ve finally decided that the Reflection 337RLS is the right coach for us. Since this is a new adventure for us, we have lots of questions so I thought I’d go ahead and jump in here to get comments and input from actual owners.

We have a 2008 F250 Crew Cab 4x4, 6.4L turbo diesel with 6’8” bed and a B&W turnover ball hitch.

The dealer recommends a B&W Companion slider hitch. The Companion hitch makes sense but I hate the idea of a slider hitch that has to be unlocked if you happen to notice that the turn you are making is too tight. I spoke with the folks at Grand Design and they say that the factory installed extended pin box will provide a 77deg turning radius and that the installation of a Sidewinder pin box would void the frame warranty.

Questions:
1. Does anyone have experience with my current setup? Is the slider hitch really needed or will the factory Lippert extended pin box and front cap design allow enough clearance to make 90deg turns?
2. If I have to install a slider hitch with the 337RLS and my truck, is there an automatic slider hitch that can be installed in lieu of the B&W turnover ball Companion option?
3. Does the Trailair pin box make a big difference in ride quality and worth the money?

Not really a hitch question, but I’d like to add a cargo box/rack to the back of the coach for a remote start Champion generator for boondocking, about 250#. The back bumper looks a little wimpy and Grand Design says it’s rated for 150#. I’d better not stand on it or I guess I’d bust my buttocks. It just makes sense to me to install a generator outside the coach near the electrical plug input.

Questions:
1. Has anyone mounted a cargo box/rack and/or generator to the back bumper? Comments and concerns.
2. Has anyone added additional bracing to the frame to support additional weight to support a generator/cargo box on the rear of the coach?
3. Any thoughts re: generators and placement?

We’re very excited about getting into the 5er lifestyle and any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!