Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Window leak (Weep holes are clear)

We have a GH Reflection that we purchased a year ago on July 7th. We are full timers but the trailer has not moved since we parked it a year ago.

A month or so ago we noticed that a blanket under the window next to the recliner was damp after it rained so I started paying more attention to it. After heavy rains it seemed to leak but light rains it did not.

I called our local dealer who mentioned cleaning out the weep holes. I went home that day and cleaned them out but there didn't seem to be any trash or debris in it. I decided to do a little test. I took a cup of water and poured it around the bottom seal of the window. There were no leaks. I continued pouring water till it leaked. I found that pouring it up high on the upper glass so it flowed down and around the sides of the lower glass it would leak. the next couple of rains it had some drops on the seal and the towel was slightly damp so I thought maybe I had helped stop it a little.

All the times it had leaked I was never able to catch it in action until tonight. We had a very heavy rain come through and it was pouring in the window. We got large plastic measuring cups to help catch the water and filled one of them up twice. I videoed what was happening inside and out (links below) Pretty sure there is not an issue with the weep holes.

Anyone have any ideas what's causing it or how to fix it? I think it's more water coming at it than the weep holes can handle but it still should not be leaking. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Whit

https://youtu.be/Zug2hIYCYhs
    https://youtu.be/aO1qklgeHjo

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is the silicone caulking around the window? First thing I would do is clean off all the old caulking and resilicone it. I am guessing it is getting behind the window via a separation in the caulking.

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The caulking looks fine. The water is coming through the channel the window sets in. I can see it bead up on the window screen and start running out. I figured if there was an issue with the caulking it would be running out the outside edges of the window.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a significant amount of water coming in. Looks like the weep holes can't keep up with the volume.

Have you considered slide toppers? They are typically a little wider than your slide which would help to keep the water from running down the sides. Slide toppers came with my last 2 Class A motorhomes, but not my new Solitude. I think you just convinced me I need to have them added.
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2017 RAM 3500 Crew Cab, Short Box, 4x4, SRW, Cummins 6.7
    https://photos.smugmug.com/Other/Oth...dStatesMap.gif

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If that is the only window with a major leak like that, I'd remove the window, check the installation of it and reinstall it. You might also send those videos to Grand Design customer service in the morning and get their input. They might want you to replace the window.

Jim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we had that problem with our back window. We took it into the dealer with a list of small warranty items. They said they "installed window plug". It hasn't leaked since. I'm not sure where the plug is.

Dave
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2015 Silverado 2500HD 6L
    B&W Patriot 18k slider
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]