Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Lift kit" for fifth wheel?

Has anyone added a "lift kit" to their camper (specifically a Momentum)? I recently lifted my hitch 3" to give more clearance for the bed rails, and now the camper rides nose high. I was wondering what it would take to lift the camper at the axles to return it to level.
    2016 Momentum 350M (w/Goodyear G614 tires matched perfect and staggered special!)
    2010 Ford F350 Lariat 6.4L PowerStroke 4x4 CrewCab SRW
    PullRite SuperGlide 20k hitch

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Had it previously done on another 5th wheel. Find a reputable welder. They will remove the current hangers and weld a sub-frame of 3", or whatever you need, and then weld new hangers back on. Also should have cross beams welded to strengthen and support..

You'll also have to be prepared for the new overall height as well as just getting in the trailer. That's what I hated most
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine rides nose high with 8" of bed clearance. I would like to see my trailer closer to level, but no way I will take the clearance away at my bed. The biggest problem with lifting a Momentum is the fact you are over 13' to start out with in height.
    Steve and Schlonda- Virgie, Kentucky
    2017 Momentum 328M
    Morryde 8K Independent Suspension, Disk Brakes
    2021 GMC Denali 3500 SRW
    Airlift Wireless Air
    B&W Companion Slider

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sad state of affairs when one needs to add a subframe on a Momentum to get the rv to ride level. There is a huge disconnect between the RV and truck manufacturers. It seems pretty obvious that both enitites know one builds their product too low to the ground and the other builds their's too tall. It's also pretty evident that neither really gives a crap what the other one does.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might want to check height on your front A/C unit while hooked up before doing anything else. I'm at 13'6" riding level. You might be even higher if you raised the front and adding 3" at the axles, while possible, may cause bigger problems for you.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Pretty sad state of affairs when one needs to add a subframe on a Momentum to get the rv to ride level. There is a huge disconnect between the RV and truck manufacturers. It seems pretty obvious that both enitites know one builds their product too low to the ground and the other builds their's too tall. It's also pretty evident that neither really gives a crap what the other one does.
    I doubt you can make any truck MFG lower theirs. Problem with a 5er is if you raise the front overhang then you have less headroom in the bedroom. Also as mentioned if you raise the frame with added tubing you then run the chance of being too tall. Guess it's no too much of a problem as sales of all trailers are thru the roof.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do put most of the blame on the truck manufacturers. It seems every new next generation of trucks seems to be higher and higher. Like the Big 3 are trying to outdo one another in every category. I ask myself does anyone at the Big 3 ever stop and assess whose buying the 1 ton dually's and for what purpose ? If they did, you'd think they'd know a good number of those truck buyers do so to tow RV's.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think mine needs a small lift on the left side--as those 3 slides weigh 700 lbs. more than the right side does. Has to affect the long term springing.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I think mine needs a small lift on the left side--as those 3 slides weigh 700 lbs. more than the right side does. Has to affect the long term springing.
    That's an issue several members have had and discussed here. Some of the "fixes" have included replacing the leaf soring with a higher capacity one or installing the aluminum trailer blocks to even out the side to sude height discrepancy.