Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We measured again when we filled the tank to clear out the Clorox and got similar results so the fresh tank is definitely not 81 gallons as GD indicated in our documentation. I think maybe their statement saying 81 gallons "not including the hot water tank" is incorrect and it is supposed to say "including hot water tank" because those numbers do add up to about 81 gallons. Or maybe the overflow valve is in the wrong place to allow you to fill it, but 10 gallons?

The good news is that we were able to empty the fresh water tank into both of the gray tanks without over filling them. Gray 1 (bathroom tank) did show full (but wasn't really) where the kitchen tank showed only 2/3.
    Mark, Linda and Riley (RIP 6/17/20)
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Dually LB
    B&W Companion hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The sensors are also way off!

Our little trailer only has a 40 gallon fresh tank but still. I installed a water meter and measured the intake.

Our 1/3 light comes on at 25 gallons.
    2/3 light comes on at 35 gallons and the Full light comes on at 42 gallons.

So I used a label maker to create a more accurate display.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adjustments.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	28615

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2016 376TH that is supposed to have a 104 gallon tank. I picked up the RV when it was 1 year old and the fresh tank had fallen off the supports of it since it was apparently towed or stored with a full tank in very hot weather (and Grand Design had done a horrible job of supporting the tank at the factory). The dealer didn't know the tank had collapsed until I pointed it out to them when I went for the walk through. They replaced the tank and added supports to prevent another collapse. I hadn't measured the volume for the first year or so, but it seemed like we didn't have much more water than we did in our previous unit with only a 50 gallon tank. I finally bought a meter to measure the water going in and even with a fully drained tank and I can never get more than about 60 to 65 gallons in before it overflows. I supposed that the dealership didn't put in the right tank, however, I took the coroplast off this week and found that the tank appears to be large enough to hold 104 gallons (24,024 cubic inches) but the vent line is installed about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way up the side of the tank. I guess it had to be that way in order for the vent to operate properly, but I really am annoyed that we have to refill almost as often as when we had the small unit. We spend about 4 months out of the year where we have only electric hookup. Thank God for a macerator pump and having enough storage to carry a LOT of fresh water hose. It's still about half a day's work to dump and refill.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12