Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grand Design Customer Service

We have had to deal directly with the manufacturer on some issues with our new Solitude since we are not located by our dealer.

We would be remiss in not noting that we have never had customer service and/or technical support from anyone like we have received from Grand Design. They are extremely knowledgeable, helpful, responsive and call you back quickly. They really care about solving your issues.

We would rate them an A+. In addition to the beautiful products they produce, their Customer Service is another good reason to buy a Grand Design product. We couldn't be happier with the dealings we have had with them.

CraigL

Re: Grand Design Customer Service

Just something to note...We have had some issues with our 369rl since purchasing last May 2013, called the factory and turned out to be a pleasant experiance...Just wanted to comment when good things happen....

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Your posts are another reason I sleep well at night while we are waiting on delivery. And waiting... And waiting....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I called customer service recently and was pleasantly surprised with the courteous and helpful folks there.

Kathy (Navigator)
    Jim and Kathy Marker - Ramona, Ca.
    2014 Solitude 369RL #1277 (AKA - "Tudee")
    2014 3500 Ram Laramie HD Dually Crew Cab 4x4 -6.7 Cummins with Aisin Tranny (AKA - "Big Foot")
    50 gal Transfer Flow Auxiliary Tank
    Curt Q24 Hitch
    2002 2500 Chevy LB HD Duramax Crew Cab- Retired
    EEZRV TPMS- Tire Pressure Monitoring System

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...tesMap_1_1.gif
    http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...ovincesMap.gif

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called customer service due to a very unstable refrigerator when the slide was closed. At first I was impressed, but did not get a suggestion on the fix saying they would look into it and get back with me. Nothing back, and nothing back. I emailed and called the rep several times. No response. Finally got the frig issue fixed, under warranty. The flooring supporting the frig had failed. Poor design or poor factory installation. Yesterday the crown molding on the passenger side rear slide fell off the wall. Hmmmmm! Am I beginning to see confirmation on the very poor build quality on these new rigs. I’ll be curious to see what the next failure will be. I know things go wrong with any rv. I’ve been doing it for well over ten years. But I have never seen structural issues like this.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franksheets View Post
    I called customer service due to a very unstable refrigerator when the slide was closed. At first I was impressed, but did not get a suggestion on the fix saying they would look into it and get back with me. Nothing back, and nothing back. I emailed and called the rep several times. No response. Finally got the frig issue fixed, under warranty. The flooring supporting the frig had failed. Poor design or poor factory installation. Yesterday the crown molding on the passenger side rear slide fell off the wall. Hmmmmm! Am I beginning to see confirmation on the very poor build quality on these new rigs. I’ll be curious to see what the next failure will be. I know things go wrong with any rv. I’ve been doing it for well over ten years. But I have never seen structural issues like this.
    You revived a 7 year old post

Crown moulding is not structural. Just likely got jostled from the harsh roads
    Normal

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franksheets View Post
    It is a reflection on build quality as the use of single leg staples being inserted by a pneumatic gun with the pressure too high driving right through the trim. In my previous Flagstaff "U" shaped staples were used to fasten trim. While they worked loose occasionally, they didn't pull right through leaving a hole and nothing to attach the trim. Look for self tapping screws, the RV fastener mainstay, with the heads snapped off for similar reasons.
    I recommend you call customer service back next time you have an issue with a rep and request a different contact. Although I had many issues and troubles, once I got past Gerry Weaver, the initial CS point of contact and found Chris who was more than willing to help, things smoothed out. At least the troubles were being addressed and taken care of with Chris backing me up when I needed it, even last winter a half year out of warranty.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 06-12-2021 at 09:25 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.