Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New guy in Lake Tahoe area.. Looking for good dealer

Hi All, I'm located in Reno near Tahoe and the wife and I Are looking to buy an Imagine 2500 or 2600. From what I've gathered a fair price is 25-30 percent off of msrp. None of the dealers in my area are close to that, the best offer I've got is 27k plus tax. Anyway please let me know how much you paid if you don't mind and where to call. Thanks a bunch!

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have any experience with them but have a friend that just bought a 2018 Momentum 376TH from a dealership on El Camino in Sacramento.

Being born and raised in Nor Cal let me just say that I really miss riding the mountains of Nor Cal. The Sierra Nevada mountains were my every weekend playground....
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, I assume you already talked with Sprad's in Carson City. We used Happy Daze in Sac. and I think Steve7 used them, but in Livermore dealer. In my opinion, they were "so-so". Depending on how far you want to travel, I think Trailer Hitch in Nipomo, down on the coast advertises the lowest prices. This is down by Monterey & Santa Barbara +-. Many people pick dealer only for price and not for service anyway, so it may be worth your time. Also, in Ca. and Nv., the travel time is further from the factory, so transportation costs are generally higher than East coast (overall higher prices I believe). Also, the more popular the model, the less discount I believe. We bought a #303, so harder to deal on since it was one of their most popular models I am told.
    Good luck,

Jim
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JCZ, You need to get out of San Diego and back to the mountains. I hear the weather down there is horrible!!
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Country Livin' View Post
    JCZ, You need to get out of San Diego and back to the mountains. I hear the weather down there is horrible!!
    Love the weather down here and certainly don't miss the triple digit temps of Sacramento (and Jackson).....I really miss the hills and mountains up there. I mean a person that's 66 yrs. old can only take so much crowded beaches on a daily basis. And these little hills that they have down here that they call "mountains" with a few sticks on top that they call forest. Having lived in Nor Cal most of my life, I just didn't realize how fortunate I was and as much as I liked those areas....took it all for granted.

Looking forward to spending more time in Colorado after I retire.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forecast today is 105 degrees. I guess desert people call this a cooling trend so we are wimps! Good luck on retirement and Colorado.
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I just got a price from Trailer Hitch at 26k. I'm assuming that does not include dealer fees or tax so still seems a bit high but getting closer.

Yep it's good to be close to the mountains but it still gets hot here. Triple digits in Reno yesterday!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gold Country Livin' Jim is correct. Call around and ask if the dealer can beat a price you have quoted, or meet a price you want. Check their inventory first to see if they have what you want. That's what I did with my dealer in Livermore, Ca (Happy Daze). They gave me the better price over the phone and was great on our trade in. Salesman Dan Risk held to his word.I was surprised they beat the price I had from Trailer Hitch. Good Luck!
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design Dealers are spread out. You have the one in Sparks/Reno, Happy Daze in Sacto and then B&B RV in Anderson just north of Red Bluff where I bought mine. B&B in Anderson has a HUGH selection of GD and the customer service is great. What I would do is call the dealerships and give them the details on what you're looking for. Tell them you live 2 to 3 hours away and get their best price over the phone.
    John & Carol Souza
    Happily Retired and currently living in Cottonwood, Northern California
    2015 Solitude 368RD
    2010 RAM 3500 DIESEL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to say...... Trailer Hitch in Nipomo, CA was a great dealer to deal with. I tried to buy locally (Sac and Reno) but they couldn't or wouldn't come close. Was a bit of a drive from Truckee....but they paid for two nights at Pismo Beach Village RV park so we could check out the trailer and be close to their shop. I new we wouldn't have them service it so it was worth the drive. We have had all our warranty work, service and any upgrades done by Affordable RV in Newcastle, CA just south of Auburn. Great family run shop. Good luck with your hunt.
    Brian and Paula- Truckee, CA
    2015 Reflection 303
    2017 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummings Turbo, Aisin HD Transmission
    B&W Companion Slider, Firestone Air Bags, Compressor with wireless remote

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast