User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While the Goodyear Endurance tires have now been out a year, relative!y few miles on EVa appear to have been documented.

So the jury is still out.

Sailuns dealers are still few and far between but I'd just about bet you most cities with a couple of huge tire warehouses will stock Sailuns at one. Tire dealers just about all special order every tire they sell and get deliveries twice daily. If you have a failure, they will be available in 1-2 days.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning Rob - just found your post from 20170713. From your profile, you have the same camper we do - a 337RLS. I recently went to the Sailun G's after a buddy of mine lost two Westlake E's on his way to Florida.

I have weighed our camper loaded and there is 9,200 pounds riding on the rear axles. Looking at a load inflation table (Goodyear), the Sailuns can support 3,300 pounds per tire at 90 PSI which is well within my limit. Question - What PSI do you keep the tires at?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timlisajax View Post
    Good morning Rob - just found your post from 20170713. From your profile, you have the same camper we do - a 337RLS. I recently went to the Sailun G's after a buddy of mine lost two Westlake E's on his way to Florida.

I have weighed our camper loaded and there is 9,200 pounds riding on the rear axles. Looking at a load inflation table (Goodyear), the Sailuns can support 3,300 pounds per tire at 90 PSI which is well within my limit. Question - What PSI do you keep the tires at?
    As a friendly heads up, this forum has "Second Chance" Rob and "Cate&Rob" Rob. If you use the Reply With Quote feature (like I just did) your question will be directed to the correct Rob.

Since Second Chance Rob is the only one that responded in this thread, I'll assume you mean him. I think he answered your question in post #10 (100 psi) but that is based on his weights and a chart. Yours could be different (if your weights are different).
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howard - Thanks much for catching and correcting my error. I am pretty computer savvy however navigating these forums has been a challenge for some reason. I just need to spend more time with it. All the Best - Tim

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The commercial trailer outfit that installed the Sailuns for us told us to run ours at 105 PSI based on our wheel-by-wheel weights (per the Escapees SmartWeigh program). At the time, we had about 10,200 lbs. on the axles (1,000 lbs. heavier on the kitchen side than the dinette side - which is probably true for your rig, too). After the installation of the MOR/ryde independent suspension we are now running around 11,000 lbs on the axles, but I've left the tires at 105 PSI. Tread wear indicates this is still about right. Since we've moved up to a DRW truck and have the two MOR/ryde 7,000 "axles" on the rig, I don't weigh nearly as often any more. Our weights have been relatively stable over three years of full-timing and with oodles of payload headroom on both the truck and the trailer, I'm much more confident in the safety margin.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The commercial trailer outfit that installed the Sailuns for us told us to run ours at 105 PSI based on our wheel-by-wheel weights (per the Escapees SmartWeigh program). At the time, we had about 10,200 lbs. on the axles (1,000 lbs. heavier on the kitchen side than the dinette side - which is probably true for your rig, too). After the installation of the MOR/ryde independent suspension we are now running around 11,000 lbs on the axles, but I've left the tires at 105 PSI. Tread wear indicates this is still about right. Since we've moved up to a DRW truck and have the two MOR/ryde 7,000 "axles" on the rig, I don't weigh nearly as often any more. Our weights have been relatively stable over three years of full-timing and with oodles of payload headroom on both the truck and the trailer, I'm much more confident in the safety margin.

Rob

Rob
    Thanks Rob. I'm going to have to try to figure out a way to get individual tire weights. I agree, our big slide also probably adds 1,000 pounds to the port side of the camper. I'm in NC and when we were living in Virginia, the state had a bureau of weights and measures. In Virginia they worked with the State Police and weighed the big rigs. I talked to one of the guys and they weighed my truck and camper (we had a NewMar Cypress) and wouldn't take any money. But they did accept lunch!! Hopefully NC has a similar outfit. We are going to Asheville this weekend and I'm gong to run 100psi and see how it feels. I have a TPMS so I can keep an eye on pressures and temps. Our 337 is considerably lighter than our old NewMar so I'm not expecting any issues. Thank you sir for all your support.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob. I'm going to have to try to figure out a way to get individual tire weights. I agree, our big slide also probably adds 1,000 pounds to the port side of the camper. I'm in NC and when we were living in Virginia, the state had a bureau of weights and measures. In Virginia they worked with the State Police and weighed the big rigs. I talked to one of the guys and they weighed my truck and camper (we had a NewMar Cypress) and wouldn't take any money. But they did accept lunch!! Hopefully NC has a similar outfit. We are going to Asheville this weekend and I'm gong to run 100psi and see how it feels. I have a TPMS so I can keep an eye on pressures and temps. Our 337 is considerably lighter than our old NewMar so I'm not expecting any issues. Thank you sir for all your support.
    You should be just fine at 100 PSI. I don't make any adjustments/allowances for the side-to-side weight difference.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    You should be just fine at 100 PSI. I don't make any adjustments/allowances for the side-to-side weight difference.

Rob
    Thanks Rob - Appreciate your insights. One more question - what are your wheels torqued to? My sticker on the kingpin was never filled out. I have the 6-lug wheels with the LRG Sailuns. I'm currently at 100 ft lbs. on the wheels.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob - Appreciate your insights. One more question - what are your wheels torqued to? My sticker on the kingpin was never filled out. I have the 6-lug wheels with the LRG Sailuns. I'm currently at 100 ft lbs. on the wheels.
    I have no idea about the lug torque. MOR/ryde torqued them when they did the suspension and they haven't been off since. I use a four-way lug wrench periodically to make sure none are loose - and they never have been. Sorry.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure what trailer you have, but the attached is in the Reflection trailer manual under WHEEL NUT TORQUE, page 68.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Torque Specs.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	14254
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast