Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goodyear endurance vs sailun s637

So I'm torn and looking for opinions.

Goodyear endurance: assuming they would fit I would go to 255/85/16. 4079# rated @80psi, USA made, and about an 1 1/2" taller adding 3/4" to the trailer height helping with these tall truck beds. But only 10ply e rated and fairly new so no track record

Sailuns: same 4080# rated but at 110PSI, Chinese made but by all accounts a very good tire, OEM size only (can't get the extra height), but 14 ply g rated

Both have a speed rating plenty high enough. Goodyear is higher but I'll never tow at 87mph.

Could go with the G614's but I don't see the advantage considering they cost more than twice the Sailun's

Done plenty of research but can't seem to make the call.

Thanks,
    Jim

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't hesitate. I'd go with the Endurance tire. Even though you won't go 87MPH, the tire has been tested and rated at that speed with the applied load. That gives me more confidence in the tire than one that is rated at a lower speed. And BTW, when I compared the height of the 235/80/16 Westlake tire to the 235/85/16 G614, the height was exactly the same which baffled me. According to the charts, they were supposed to be taller.

Jim

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would go with Goodyear if just for the availability of Goodyear dealers.

I have never heard the first complaint on the G rated Sailuns however, and they the price is right when you can find a dealer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we're talking about increasing height on a Momentum with a different tire, I'd be very wary. They're already at the legal limit of 13'-6".
    Steve and Cheryl

2017 Momentum 328M w/Dual Pane Windows and 3rd A/C. Aftermarket mods: Titan EOH Disc Brakes, MORryde IS suspension and Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder pin box
    2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn Megacab 4x4 DRW with 6.7 HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, AISIN trans, 3.73 axles and a Reese 20K puck mount hitch
    Call sign: AAØSB, Class: Extra

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great point on a momentum. this is a Solitude so with the taper, it shouldn't be an issue raising the back 3/4"

So no one has an issue with the E - G rating, that was to one thing holding me up?

I don't have the unit yet so I cant check. Any issue with the spacing between the tires? Looking at pics there looks to be plenty of space so that an extra 1 1/2" or so shouldn't cause any issues.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you search the forum(s) or look a few posts down on the New Posts thread:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...un-vs-Goodyear

We have 10,000 miles on the Sailun load range Gs without any problems whatsoever. Many tractor-trailers use Sailun tires, as well.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did search but I didn't see that thread. I typically stay in the general and solitude sections. I seen alot of posts on the Sailun's but not much on the endurance. They seem to be fairly new

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Did you search the forum(s) or look a few posts down on the New Posts thread:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...un-vs-Goodyear

We have 10,000 miles on the Sailun load range Gs without any problems whatsoever. Many tractor-trailers use Sailun tires, as well.

Rob
    Hey Rob, just had G rated Sailuns put on my 328M, what pressure do you run them at. Grand design and Lionshead said to run them at 110 psi. Most people at the dealer think that's way too high. The tire dealer only put 90 in when he installed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just put the Endurance tires on our 337. Only been out twice so not enough trips/time to give you a really good review. We chose this time because we wanted to purchase from a local dealer and we couldn't find a local dealer that carried the Sailun's. Dealer did put on metal stems-we are running at max of 80 psi.
    Dave and Anne
    2015 Ford F350 XLT 6.7l 3.55 Crew Cab/SB
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS w/King Size Bed and Dual A/C
    2 Golden Retrievers - Ivy 6 yrs and Ruby 2 yrs.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylova View Post
    Hey Rob, just had G rated Sailuns put on my 328M, what pressure do you run them at. Grand design and Lionshead said to run them at 110 psi. Most people at the dealer think that's way too high. The tire dealer only put 90 in when he installed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On what did the dealer base their 90 PSI recommendation? You would need to know your wheel-by-wheel weights and have an inflation table from Sailun for your tires. We had wheel-by-wheel weights and our dealer had the table. We were instructed to, and run them run them at 100 PSI. I would like to see a bit more tire/road contact, but I'm not sure I want to go as low as 90 PSI.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast