Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warranty? Or Not?

Cost me $180 today to learn that the Grand Design one year warranty really isn't . . . apparently slides are only covered for 90 days, unless something is broken. If it's only popping, grinding, and otherwise acting like it's going to fall out of the side of the unit, it isn't covered after the 90 day period if it only needs adjustment. After this experience, and reading other's posts in this forum, I'm starting to get buyers remorse . . .

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who did you talk to; dealer or GD? If only dealer, you may want to contact GD direct.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    x2 on what Curtis says . . . RLK436, you should discuss this directly with GDRV. I have never heard anyone even mention a 90 day warranty.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G D must have the worst dealers in the world

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They all do. They all use the same dealers.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the warranty printed into your owners manuals, adjustments are covered under warranty for 90 days.

There is no such thing as a "bumper to bumper 1 year warranty".

That said, if your dealer submits the claim, GD usually covers more than they have to.

**All mfgs have the same 90 day adjustment warranty**
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand the popping. It was in our case the rubber wiper basically changing direction as the slide goes in or out it makes a popping sound. pretty normal.
    Robert & Josie Overman
    2017 Solitude 369RL
    2017 Dodge Ram Laramie Longhorn DRW (Transfer flow 37 gallon extra tank, B&W Companion Hitch and Retrax Pro Cover).

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if your slide works like mine, but with mine I must deploy and retract "fully". I can NOT stop midway out or in. Mine has 2 motors and they will get out of sync. They did not tell me this during the PDI, and never had this as a concern in other trailers. My slide failed todeploy, and GD covered the fix under warranty.

Keep in mind that any "warranty" you get that's NOT from the manufacturer is really a "insurance policy" by a third party. They are not like vehicle warranties. Make sure you get a copy of what is covered and what is not covered before putting out any money, so you understand the process and your responsibilities.
    2017 GD Imagine 2150RB
    2016 Chevy 2500HD LT 6.6L DMAX 4WD
    Equalizer 4 Point #90-00-1000 WDH

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bailer6334 View Post
    I don't know if your slide works like mine, but with mine I must deploy and retract "fully". I can NOT stop midway out or in. Mine has 2 motors and they will get out of sync. They did not tell me this during the PDI, and never had this as a concern in other trailers. My slide failed todeploy, and GD covered the fix under warranty.

Keep in mind that any "warranty" you get that's NOT from the manufacturer is really a "insurance policy" by a third party. They are not like vehicle warranties. Make sure you get a copy of what is covered and what is not covered before putting out any money, so you understand the process and your responsibilities.
    We were told that we "should" always put the slides all the way out or in. BUT, in those instances where we have to deploy partially, when we return it to the closed position (or put them to the fully deployed position), to keep pushing the slide lever for at least 5 seconds past the stop point. That keeps the motors in sync.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the slides that you extend fully or retract fully these are called sventech (I cant spell) slides and yes, they have a motor for each side. At my PDI, I was told that to partially open them allows the motors to get out of sinc due to drift encountered when you stop them. Thus they become unsyncronized. I never had the popping on those, I guess due to that they move slowly. I get the popping previously mentioned on the hydraulic slides.
    Robert & Josie Overman
    2017 Solitude 369RL
    2017 Dodge Ram Laramie Longhorn DRW (Transfer flow 37 gallon extra tank, B&W Companion Hitch and Retrax Pro Cover).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast