Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

structural warranty

I was looking at the three year limited structural warranty, it states that you are required to have the seals inspected every six months by an authorized dealer or authorized repair shop to maintain the warranty. Is everybody doing this and how much do these inspection cost? The second part of this I guess is anyone had a structural warranty issue and how was it handled?
    Gary & Marie Rochester MN
    Nikki (Boston terrier)
    2014 Momentum 385TH
    2005 Ram 3500 5.9 diesel dually

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read the warranty, and my understanding is owner performs every 6 months, dealer inspection every year and documented.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whaines View Post
    I read the warranty, and my understanding is owner performs every 6 months, dealer inspection every year and documented.
    Well that question was asked over 3 years ago. Probably got it figured out by now.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realize the age , but didn't want to start a new thread. There were no replies and I wanted everyone to know the GD requirement for warranty issues involving structural issues!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading what the "structural" warranty covers I wonder if anyone has ever even had to use it. The frame. which I would consider a major structural component is not covered, neither are slide mechanisms which are a large portion of the wall area.
    Its basically the floor boards, parts of the walls and parts of the roof.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maintain all exterior seals and sealant, which must be inspected every six (6) months to assure there are no gaps or voids, and all gaps and voids must be corrected as necessary. Documentation accept- able to Warrantor must be presented con rming completion of an annual sealant inspection by an authorized Warrantor dealer or authorized dealer repair shop for coverage consideration. This was copied from GD web page Latest rev.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The frame, slide mechanisms, etc., are warranted by the manufacture. In the case of the frame and slide components that is Lippert Components Inc. Grand Design only warrants the box or house portion on the trailer. It seems some claims have been made for delamination of the outside skin of the walls but they appear to be rare. GD is good about replacing appliances while under warranty.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name