User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Freezing protection?

I keep my 369RL parked in my shop. It's suppose to get down in the high teens, low twentys for the next 4 or 5 days. The unit is not winterized because we use it when nice. I'm keeping the fireplace heater on for this cold spell. Should I be worried about the freezing temperatures with the heater going all the time??
    Jim and Kerry
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2016 Silverado 3500HD
    Diesel/Allison

titrtyca

Re: Freezing protection?

It is too costly to repair any freeze damage that could result at those tempertures. These Fifth wheels are very easy to winterize. Please error on the side of caution. In my opinion you need to maintain at least 45 degrees at all area where the plumbing is, I don't think the fireplace can maintain those temps.

titrtyca

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep mine inside too, I have never had a camper parked outside. I do winterize mine though around the first of November. I store mine beside my warehouse in a non-heated garage, metal roof, and sides. My dad parks his travel trailer in my old shop, ( block walls) and has never winterized it in 6 years. I have saw water bottles freeze in my fifth wheel garage this year, I guess it depends on how well the building is insulated. My car garage is block, and brick, we keep cases of water laying in the floor of it and have never had one freeze.
    Steve and Schlonda- Virgie, Kentucky
    2017 Momentum 328M
    Morryde 8K Independent Suspension, Disk Brakes
    2021 GMC Denali 3500 SRW
    Airlift Wireless Air
    B&W Companion Slider

cuttinchief

I'd turn the furnace on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just checked, outside temp is 34 degrees, inside the shop it's 42 degrees, inside the 5 th wheel it was 62 degrees. I'm feeling pretty confident the electric fireplace will keep it ok. I will still keep an eye on it as it gets colder.
    Jim and Kerry
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2016 Silverado 3500HD
    Diesel/Allison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gsport. We are getting that same cold spell up here in Gig Harbor, Wa. I keep ours outside and since we use it all throughout the year, I typically don't winterize. I use a space heater for the inside (to save wear and tear on the fireplace) and set the furnace at 50 deg just to keep the basement from getting too cold. Been thru some periods of several days in the mid 20's without any problems. Good luck.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel