Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First trip woes. Getting the kinks out

We are on our first trip in the new 395M. I kind of thought I might have issues when we got here. When breaking it down at the house, the OneControl panel kept resetting. First when putting in the big slides, then when using the leveler system to hitch up. I wasn't sure what was going on but decided to head to Buccaneer State Park anyway. We arrived here and I unhitched. When I pressed the level switch, it started to work, then lots of clicking and a quick flashing red LED. My first thought was bad battery or convertor. I checked battery voltage and it was 11.3, not good. I then isolated the convertor and there is no output to the battery. A quick run to O'Reilly auto parts and I now have a new battery and an automotive charger to get me through the weekend. I've got a call into my dealer to get it handled when we return. I also found when putting the rear deck out, there are no cables to hold it level. Searched the whole rig and they are not here. One more thing on the list. Lastly, the shower door base has a gap in the caulking. Water getting under and dripping on the floor. Good thing I brought my trusty silicone caulk. That will be my project later this afternoon. Always an adventure with these things.LOL
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome! Check fuses on converter.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the fuses in the converter?
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jneubig, I love your positive can do attitude. It was brilliant to deduce low voltage. I probably would still be scratching my head. You could have also plugged in the tail light cable to the truck. If it was enabled, there is a power supply in the 7 way cord. I too carry a low amp charger for the bad converter situation. Since mine were the cheap ones and I had no room for a better one without a major rewire project I kept a spare converter. I got so good at it I could change one in 15 minutes.

J&G garage, yep, some converters have an automotive type fuse on the side. Easy to miss.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure why, but converter failures seem to be fairly common in the new units. Hopefully, a new one will fix you up. We've been thinking about checking out Buccaneer State Park. It's not too far from us. Haven't been there since Katrina.
    The Capt and the Admiral
    Joe & Marilyn
    2017 Solitude 384 GK-R
    2017 F350 DRW FX4 6.7 PS, B&W Companion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    Congrats and welcome! Check fuses on converter.
    Yep. Fuses were the first thing I checked. I then pulled the battery out of the mix and lost all 12V. Checked the output from the convertor and nada. I spoke with the dealer and they are going to take care of it. I actually don't want the OEM convertor replaced. I'm going to put in a Progressive Dynamics instead and probably go with an 80 amp over the 65 in here. I've had several of the OEM's go out over the years and have always had tremendous luck the Progressive models. The dealer agreed to that and I will cover the additional monies between the two. If this is the worst thing that happens, I'm golden.
    2017 Momentum 395M

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joesmainship View Post
    Not sure why, but converter failures seem to be fairly common in the new units. Hopefully, a new one will fix you up. We've been thinking about checking out Buccaneer State Park. It's not too far from us. Haven't been there since Katrina.
    It's come back quite well. We come here a dozen or so times a year. Always end up at Treasure Bay for the all you can eat Dungeness crab. Yum!!! Heading there tonight.
    2017 Momentum 395M

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    Jneubig, I love your positive can do attitude. It was brilliant to deduce low voltage. I probably would still be scratching my head. You could have also plugged in the tail light cable to the truck. If it was enabled, there is a power supply in the 7 way cord. I too carry a low amp charger for the bad converter situation. Since mine were the cheap ones and I had no room for a better one without a major rewire project I kept a spare converter. I got so good at it I could change one in 15 minutes.

J&G garage, yep, some converters have an automotive type fuse on the side. Easy to miss.
    I hooked to the truck and still had no luck. I'm thinking they may not have wired my plug correctly. One more thing to check when I get home.
    2017 Momentum 395M

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your new rig! Love your positive attitude. Enjoy it.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]