Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nature Power Briefcase 120 watt Solar Panels

My wife and I purchased a 2015 Reflection 29rs 5er and want to add solar to keep our batteries charged.
    Camping world sells the Nature Power Briefcase, they tell me that the briefcase comes ready
    to plug into our Reflection. However, the receptacle on the Reflection looks different than the
    plug used on the briefcase.

Has anyone used this product? Are you happy with it? Did you need some sort of adapter
    to plug the panels into the 5er?

Thanks,
    David

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi David - I know that some folks have purchased suitcase chargers and plugged into the Furrion outlet on the side of the trailer. They bought adapters to do so. If you search the forum, you may be able to find details. The Furrion panels are rated for 95Watts. The wiring from the factory was designed for this set up. The fuse that is installed with the Furrion port is 10amps. Hooking a 120watt panel to the existing wiring might be problematic and cause blown fuses. I know others have used 100 watt panels, but I haven't heard of any 120 watt attempts.

Jim

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The plug on the trailer is a Furrion plug. You will need the adapter for it. Some systems come with it.

Edit: I use a 120 watt solar "suit case" from Zamp Solar and it works fine with the 10 amp fuse. Some of the trailers were wired with 7 amp fuses, so be sure to check.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    David - I see that you posted this in both the "New Member Introductions" and "Tech Corner". I deleted the one in the "Tech Corner" because that section is used to ask specific questions to the factory. If you want me to resurrect your post there, just let me know.

Jim