Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Route Planner

What a great find! After searching on several weather sites to see the projected weather along our route to pick the best time to leave, I happened across the Weather Underground Road Trip Planner. This lets you put in destinations and departure times, then will show the route and forecast (click for details). It also shows below freezing and precipitation notes.

I didn't evaluate the routing application, but rather used this to look at weather along the route. My background is in geography and mapmaking (spent 25 yrs in computer mapping starting in the 70s -- the start of the technology), so I tend to use different maps for different purposes. There are better applications for finding attractions or campgrounds, and I tend to look at various different maps to make my own decision on a route. I know that is probably unique.

Thought the above link might be of interest to some. We are getting really anxious for our first long trip, heading to Florida for warmer (and hopefully drier) weather. Although I grew up in snow country (Syracuse averages about 120" a year, top of 101 cities with population over 50K, surpassing Buffalo) we don't get much snow in Virginia Beach.

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

newreflect

Re: Another Route Planner

That is a great find. Thanks. Betsy.