Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

28BH owner reviews

Hi all. We have a diesel 2017 F-350 crew-cab short-bed 4x4 on order. We are looking for a trailer and the 28BH is at the top of our list thanks to the construction, customer service, bunk-beds and ~35ft length (tip to tip). I've been searching for owner reviews and haven't found a lot. I'd love to hear from owners about what they really like and what things bother them about the layout and design. Are there any oddities that you've noticed that prospective buyers should think about? Is there anything about the 28bh that you'll be looking to replicate or avoid in your next trailer purchase?

Also, reading here suggests 30% or 35% off is the goal for new units (2018). Is there a separate rule of thumb for new units from the previous model year? I want to have reasonable goals when negotiating.

Thank you very much for your feedback,
    Steven

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello and Welcome! We have had our 2800BH for about a year and half and love it. The layout and bunk beds for the grand kids are why we chose it. We have had only minor issues with the camper and our dealer fixed all of then under the warranty. Not one of them would have been big enough to keep us from camping. I do recommend getting an adjustable water regulator to bump up the water pressure. We could barely use the shower until I did this, but now it is fine.

Ryan
    NAR = Nancy and Ryan

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I brought our 28BH home this past Friday, haven't camped in it yet though. We decided on it due to the bunk layout and the unique use of space in the main area... very good countertop space. DW loves the layout, even better in person. Also nice are all the windows on the curb side. There are a few odd things though, the breaker and fuse panel is behind the sleeper sofa. The radio is to the left of the TV but faces the master, so you don't have line of site when in the sitting area, and therefore you cannot use the remote there. I also wonder why there is a 3" gap between the dinette and refrigerator, it's too small to use and the dinette could have used that space too. As you can see I have few gripes so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ryan - Thank you for the information. The 2800BH is actually the second option we are considering and could very well be the one we go with eventually. I'm glad it is working out well for you. The pressure regulator is a very useful tip.

KAR28BH - Those are some great comments. Thank you. One issue I noted with the 28BH is that I don't believe we'll be able to access the bunk room with the main slide "in." This isn't a show stopper but it will complicate the loading/unloading process slightly at our storage space. I'm happy that the kitchen and bathroom should be usable with the slide retracted.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is true, the bunks are inaccessible with the main slide in. Although you'd be able to place bags back there by partially opening the slide, should be doable at a storage site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same thoughts as KAR28BH on our 28BH. Ours is a 2018 with the new TV placement, side window change and the window in the bedroom slide... but before the exterior and interior color changes. I wish they offered the theater chairs in the 28BH as on option (but maybe they think it is an opportunity to catch the main slide). Access to the bunk area when the slide is closed isn't a big issue for us - easy enough to move it out a foot or so to get access if really needed. The rear end storage bay is a huge bonus.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for providing feedback.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All prior comments are good but let me add a caution. With the main slide in, if any of the drawers in the bunk room should come open, they may get caught in an open area of the slide. If this were to happen, severe damage can occur when you open the slide. Open the slide a little bit and look around the bunk side of it. You will see a hidden space. We travel with the bunk door closed and are working to put a manual release on the bottom drawer to prevent it from opening during transport. We really like ours.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by t&mstr8 View Post
    All prior comments are good but let me add a caution. With the main slide in, if any of the drawers in the bunk room should come open, they may get caught in an open area of the slide. If this were to happen, severe damage can occur when you open the slide. Open the slide a little bit and look around the bunk side of it. You will see a hidden space. We travel with the bunk door closed and are working to put a manual release on the bottom drawer to prevent it from opening during transport. We really like ours.
    That is a really great comment. Thank you for that caution. I like your solutions and will do the same.

Has anyone taken it across some CAT scales to see the actual king-pin load and/or axle loads?
    I'm assuming that the trailer king-pin load will be 20% of GVWR (10995#). My planned Demco Hijacker 18K auto-slider is a slim 300 lbs. All of this weight plus 720 lbs for the family has me right about 150-200 lbs below my GVWR for the truck (2017 F-350 6.7L short-bed crew cab 4x4).

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do know with the 28BH/2017 F350 4x4 combo, your trailer will be nose high when pulling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast