User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wheel Well Fender Wobble

Has anyone been able to strengthen the wheel well fender on a 2020372 WB? Annoying to watch it wobble in rear view mirror. There are no screws missing and all are tight. Driver side only, passenger side doesn't seem to have that issue.
    2020 Solitude 372WB Equipped with a Executive GenY Towed by 2021 GMC Sierra 3500 CC SB SRW with B&W Gooseball

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could add another brace. Mine don't seem to move much while we are going down the road. Then again I don't look at them while going down the road either.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdspilot View Post
    Has anyone been able to strengthen the wheel well fender on a 2020372 WB? Annoying to watch it wobble in rear view mirror. There are no screws missing and all are tight. Driver side only, passenger side doesn't seem to have that issue.
    Only thing to do is add more braces and make sure the factory ones are actually attached. If your fenders flop they will crack. Mine did.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdspilot View Post
    On or previous Jayco TT we had this issue. I removed the fenders and sanded the inside area and added a layer of fiberglass matting in the areas that were moving. Re-attached and issue was solved. Sold the trailer 5-years later and never had the situation re-occur. Only checked the screw periodically to insure they were snug.

Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added a brace to mine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0305.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	45790
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome gentlemen! Some great ideas. Flystar do you know what thickness of the brace you installed? It looks to be about 1/8". I may try that before removing the fenders.
    Thanks for the help!
    2020 Solitude 372WB Equipped with a Executive GenY Towed by 2021 GMC Sierra 3500 CC SB SRW with B&W Gooseball

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    Only thing to do is add more braces and make sure the factory ones are actually attached. If your fenders flop they will crack. Mine did.
    My street side fender moves when going down the highway, but the curb side one cracked...go figure.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had several of the flimsy factory braces break. Did something similar to what FlyStar shows above.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a simlar issue with our last trailer (Transecend 26RLS) that we just traded in. The fender skirt installed on the slide-out would flap in the wind when we drove and I quickly noticed tiny crackes in the plastic near the screws. Unfortunately there was no way to reinforce or put an extra support on it due to the slide mechanism being in the way. There was however a large adjustment bolt for the slide out that stuck down quite a bit, coincidently it was right in the middle of the skirt between the two tires. So I drilled a small hole in the fender skirt (on the bottom where you can't see). Then I took a small tie-wrap and wrapped it around bolt and though the hole and snugged it up. This was all that was needed to keep the fender skirt steady when we drove around. I did that over 4 years ago and it was still holding steady when we sold it.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    We had a simlar issue with our last trailer (Transecend 26RLS) that we just traded in. The fender skirt installed on the slide-out would flap in the wind when we drove and I quickly noticed tiny crackes in the plastic near the screws. Unfortunately there was no way to reinforce or put an extra support on it due to the slide mechanism being in the way. There was however a large adjustment bolt for the slide out that stuck down quite a bit, coincidently it was right in the middle of the skirt between the two tires. So I drilled a small hole in the fender skirt (on the bottom where you can't see). Then I took a small tie-wrap and wrapped it around bolt and though the hole and snugged it up. This was all that was needed to keep the fender skirt steady when we drove around. I did that over 4 years ago and it was still holding steady when we sold it.
    I will see if that may be an option would be an easy fix