User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    mandolin57

Dreaming for the Day

Hi everyone, We're newbies to the forum and dreaming for the day in about 3 years when we can hit the road full-time. I have done extensive research in the last year to determine which RV we will use for our new home, and last fall fell across Grand Design and the Solitude. We have looked at the Reflection as well, but it seems that the Solitude is made more for full-time use, so that's the route we plan to go. We are both in love with the 305RE, and have visited several local dealers to scope out pricing etc. We currently have a travel trailer but will trade up probably this fall to the Solitude. Could any of you advise which truck would be better? We're thinking a Ford f350 but I've seen several people on here say they use the 250. Is there some advice please? and would the dually be better or not? Sorry, so many questions, but we just need to get as much advice as possible for now. I'm so excited because we have looked at a ton of dealers and RV's....we even attended the Hershey, PA RV show which is one of the largest, but the Solitude was the first one we walked into and both said "this is it.....this is the one!". Nice to meet all of you, and thanks for anything you can help us with!

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Dreaming for the Day

[quote author=mandolin57 link=topic=337.msg2163#msg2163 date=1391733208]
    Hi everyone, We're newbies to the forum and dreaming for the day in about 3 years when we can hit the road full-time. I have done extensive research in the last year to determine which RV we will use for our new home, and last fall fell across Grand Design and the Solitude. We have looked at the Reflection as well, but it seems that the Solitude is made more for full-time use, so that's the route we plan to go. We are both in love with the 305RE, and have visited several local dealers to scope out pricing etc. We currently have a travel trailer but will trade up probably this fall to the Solitude. Could any of you advise which truck would be better? We're thinking a Ford f350 but I've seen several people on here say they use the 250. Is there some advice please? and would the dually be better or not? Sorry, so many questions, but we just need to get as much advice as possible for now. I'm so excited because we have looked at a ton of dealers and RV's....we even attended the Hershey, PA RV show which is one of the largest, but the Solitude was the first one we walked into and both said "this is it.....this is the one!". Nice to meet all of you, and thanks for anything you can help us with!
    [/quote]

Welcome to the forum!!

You could have seen the 305RE at the Hershey RV Show.....I was there representing Grand Design and we had the 369 and 305 Solitudes, 293 and 303 Reflections, and the Momentum 355 there. We weren't in the best location, but managed to get quite a few sales at that show.

That is where I got to meet the Fenech's, Ray Clark, Micah Staley, and Marc Hauser....an awesome team!
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

mandolin57

I hear that you all had a rotten place, and honestly, we didn't find the Solitude there....it was after when I was doing more looking that I stumbled onto it on the internet, and then we started to scout out local dealers and we've hit 2 so far, but are very interested in them. They really seem to have it together. I assure you this year.....we're searching Grand Design out most definitely at the show!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum. We bought a 305RE last fall and love it. We are on our first long trip (1 month) in Florida and are enjoying our Solitude very much.

The Solitudes are really too big for a 3/4 ton pickup so we would definitely recommend the F350 dually. We are pulling our 305 with a F450 dually and are very happy with the way it tows - especially how it handles when semis roar past us - virtually no movement at all.

Good luck.

Mary & Steve
    Steve & Mary - Fairfax, VA
    2014 Solitude 305RE
    2011 Ford F-450 Lariat DRW

gary.l

I agree with INRI a 350 dually would be your best choice after a 450. Google 2015 ford super duty's though and read about the changes they are making on the 6.7 litre, you may want to wait for them to come out.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum mandolin57!

You will definitely want a F350 for the Solitude, or a 3500, not to leave the Chevy or Dodge Boys out ;D