User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mandolin57

Full Timer Relections?

Hi All, ....could any of you let me know how many of you might be full-timing it now, and using the Reflection 337 RLS? My husband and I are going back and forth on the Solitude 305RE or this Reflection, and there is a definite difference in price, and both have the heated underbelly and the same R value on insulation for roofing, floors and walls, but we were told the Reflection isn't made to full-time in. Anyone out there care to argue that point? Thanks much!

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Full Timer Relections?

I see no one has answered your post. I was watching a video tonight that was shot during the introduction of the Reflection line. The owners commented that the reflection line "was designed for the weekend camper or those who don't want to (or can't) pull a heavier fifth wheel".

This has me a little concerned. We are waiting on delivery of our 337RLS right now. We plan on taking trips of 1-2 months in our FW. And during those trips, we might be going some extended distances. Is this a problem? Looking at the quality of the build of the Reflection, I bet we'll be okay.

I know the Reflection product line is relatively new. Does anyone have some extended stay or distance on theirs yet? If so, what have your experiences been?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are structurally very similar.

The Solitude is just a higher end coach, being a wide body (101" wide vs 96") with more long term amenities.

Self leveling, 12 cubic ft 4 door refer, heat pump, large micro/convection available......

There is a ton of upgrades. Reflection is more "weekender" friendly, and is priced accordingly.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could full time in a pop up if you wanted too, it's all about how you want to do it....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

cuttinchief

I believe the frames are 8 and 10 and the axles are 6 vs 7k. Don't quote me butI thought I seen that some where and are the slides made a little different. A couple slides on the solitude are hydraulic not sure on that either. Maybe just that middle slide on the 379. Again there is a difference. Talk to the GD guy and tell them to tell you the difference in cost and quality. Start with the frame and work your way up. Don't get caught up in the fluff. You can replace fluff but you can't replace foundation. I will say that GD is building a name for itself on Quality which is very important. I read very few problems from owners on any sites. Quality Assurance is so so important! Good luck

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can tell you that the 337 is a 10" frame...don't know about the other Reflection models.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 337 and 323bh Reflections are single 10" frames. The smaller floorplans are 8" frames

The Solitudes all use 10" double stack frames to give the larger pass through.

The Momentums use a double stack 12" frame.

[email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, it is straight from the product managers.

I sell the full GD line...
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote author=Justaguy link=topic=339.msg2781#msg2781 date=1392987818]

(Full timing voids the warranty) So don't let a salesman misguide you on that point.
    [/quote]

Justaguy, Janice (GDRV Customer Service) clarified the discussion on warranty and full timing in this post....
    http://www.mygrandrv.com/ind...sg2157#msg2157
    She indicated that full timing did not void the warranty for Solitudes... I'm not sure she also included Reflection.

Mandolin57, maybe she'll see this discussion and weigh in.
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

cuttinchief

Thanks Hunter! I had heard it was a double stacked frame like the lifestyle. I thought LCI would copy these frames eventually since Redwood bought the design and professional paperwork from Carriage who has falcon build there frames who is owned by LCI.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast