User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought. Is the on/off switch for a motion detector for the awning? Some awnings come with this option.
    2018 344GK. 2018 Chevy 3500 dually.
    Live every moment, because every day is a good day when the sun comes up!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follow-up on the original post about locations of switches under the cabinet. The 2019 310GK has moved the 2nd awing switch to the main control cabinet (labeled 2nd awing, gee LOL ). They also remove the 2 USB connectors and placed two each on the sides of the back Tri-Sofa.
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klobear View Post
    Just a thought. Is the on/off switch for a motion detector for the awning? Some awnings come with this option.
    I believe that the awning has a wind sensor on it and will only work if left in the "on" position. We were camping back at the beginning of the month and had the awning retract on it's own a couple of times when the wind speed picked up causing movement of the awning.
    Ed & Charlotte W.
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    2017 Chevy 3500HD 2wd DRW

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you started out with a Carefree combination On/Off--Retract/Extend switch, but it looks like you ended with an after market Retract/Extend switch. What happened to the On/Off?

Also, how did you deal with the extra length of the run from the existing switch to the new switch location?

Thanks.

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryZechman View Post
    I love my new Solitude, but... The one thing that I really hate is that they placed a bunch of switches under the hutch in the kitchen.

I don't mind the light switches so much, but the awning (on the living/dining room slide) and the MaxAir fan are a real PITA!!

So, there's already a labeled blank spot on the main control panel, so I thought I'd move the awning switch there.

The eawning actually has 2 switches, an On/Off and a Retract/Extend.

Be careful
    Continued...
    Be careful about sliceing wire so in/out is always powered . The awning has a sensor which retracts the awning in high winds if the power switch is on . Now if owner is always on I am thinking maybe the bouncing of the trailer may activate the awning to go out . Hope It's am wrong because I want to do the same .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewssteve View Post
    So you started out with a Carefree combination On/Off--Retract/Extend switch, but it looks like you ended with an after market Retract/Extend switch. What happened to the On/Off?

Also, how did you deal with the extra length of the run from the existing switch to the new switch location?

Thanks.

-Steve
    Steve, I left the On/Off switch wired up in the original location and only moved the In/Out function. Since that awning rolls all the out/in with the touch of the switch, I kind of liked leaving the On/Off in a different location as a fail safe. I almost never put that awning out anyway.
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2017 RAM 3500 Crew Cab, Short Box, 4x4, SRW, Cummins 6.7
    https://photos.smugmug.com/Other/Oth...dStatesMap.gif

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my new Solitude, but... The one thing that I really hate is that they placed a bunch of switches under the hutch in the kitchen.
    We have a 2018 310GK too. Our MaxxFan switch is on the wall under the thermostat instead of under the hutch like yours. Go figger.

However the awning controls, yeah, what where they thinking? Thanks for the mod idea but I may need to borrow your arm to effect it... mine's fairly porky.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stopped my the local RV supply store to pick up the switch to fit in the control panel. They didn't have exactly what I needed, but this was close enough. Switch all wired up and in place.
    Just getting around to relocating my Carefree Latitude awning switch. (Been remembering this post all along.) The only problem I'm having is locating a switch that will fit in the control panel. All the sources I can find online are not the same size as the cut-out in the panel.

Can you identify the brand/make/model of the switch you ended up with? I checked the GD parts store, and they don't list awning/slide momentary rocker switches. . .

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    Somerset, WI

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewssteve View Post
    Just getting around to relocating my Carefree Latitude awning switch. (Been remembering this post all along.) The only problem I'm having is locating a switch that will fit in the control panel. All the sources I can find online are not the same size as the cut-out in the panel.

Can you identify the brand/make/model of the switch you ended up with? I checked the GD parts store, and they don't list awning/slide momentary rocker switches. . .

-Steve
    Steve,
    While we're waiting for Terry to respond, see if this switch is what you want to use. I'd guess it's the same as the one that GD (and many others use).
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Steve,
    While we're waiting for Terry to respond, see if this switch is what you want to use. I'd guess it's the same as the one that GD (and many others use).
    Looks exactly right, but the spec says:
    Cutout: 1.85″ x 1.20″

The cutout for the GD switch is approx. 1.42" x .93". That's been my dilemma -- and I've searched for hours.

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    Somerset, WI

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast