I’ve started this thread and poll to measure the interest in a rally this September 8- 11th near Middlebury, IN. The date in September was chosen as it’s outside the busy summer season, weekdays are needed for plant tours/seminars and campground sites are more easily obtainable. I recognize that many (or most) of us have already made camping plans for this year…perhaps there’s still room for one more trip!

I’ve spoken with Bill Fenech and he’s very excited about the possibility of a rally and indicated that GD would support it as much as possible. Bill and his team will define what their support would include at a later date.

Activities that have been discussed include a tour of the Grand Design plant, a tour of the LCI frame plant, seminars/displays by LCI and other key suppliers. LCI also indicated that they would have their aftermarket products available to those interested at a discounted price…items like Level Up, upgraded pin boxes, Never-adjust Brakes for example. I'm sure we could arrange a potluck dinner and or lunch and some evening campfire socializing. There will be some free time to see the area’s points of interest…RV Museum, Shipshewana Auction and Flea Market, etc.

It’s a wonderful opportunity to learn more about our campers, the industry and to meet other members of the forum. If you have questions, comments or other ideas, post them here.

Please take the time to review and respond to the attached poll. Help make this rally a reality!

My thanks to Red (@el Rojo), Marcy (@whiitleburner) and Robert (@cgoodnight) for their assistance in brainstorming the idea.

Dave

EDIT: FEB 17, 2014

Thanks to all that have responded to the poll. Due to the support it's received, we'll move forward with the rally planning. The next step is to secure a campground near Middlebury that can accommodate our numbers with room for more. I'll report progress on this in a separate thread.

For those that haven't responded yet, please vote in the poll so that a running total of those interested can be tracked.

Thanks,
Dave