Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st trip decent, not perfect.

Picked up 2400BH Friday. At local campground for just 1 night. So far we found out microwave does not work. It comes on and counts down but no heating or turn table spinning. Also our gutter is cracked on left front and water from air conditioner is running down side of camper and onto our bedroom window. Don't know how a gutter could have got damaged but you c and see obvious damage.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It's a PIA but you'll get those things fixed up and you'll be back to being a Happy Camper for sure.

Congrats on the new trailer!
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I took tt back to dealer to be fixed. While showing them 2 areas of the gutter that looks chipped I noticed another area that looks like someone repaired a section. I wonder if it was Grand Design or the dealer . Hmmm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2500RL gutters have a butt joint in them...one was caulked, but other was not and water leaked down side of trailer so I caulked it myself.
    I also discovered there were two 2-inch diameter holes in frame that were not covered...so you should look over EVERYTHING outside to see what is missed at factory.
    Steve and Camy
    2017 TUNDRA 5.7L CrewMax 4WD
    2017 IMAGINE 2500RL, Andersen WD Hitch, Honda 2200 Gen (bumper-mount)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw the butt joint. The leak was about 2 feet toward the front from that. I have called and they say they fixed the gutter problem. I haven't seen it so we will see. The microwave problem they said was a door not closing completely and they are waiting to here from warranty on it. We have a camping trip planned in 5 days so I hope it gets resolved.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pick up trailer today due to camping this weekend. Microwave not fixed. Waiting to hear from warranty. I'm not sure I'm go I g to bother. If I push hard on the door after it is shut it works. The gutter thing we will have to see. I climbed up on ladder while I was there and me and service guy can't see how it would leak. So we will see.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am currently on last night of my three night trip. Other than the known issue of the microwave it went flawless. Including we have no sewer or water hook up. So far axles and everything is working well. Very pleased.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the camping world! I think you'll find that the more you do it, the more problems you may discover with your TT. All are really simple to fix with some duct tape and WD40!

On our 2950RL we noticed that when trailering to our destination, the rear window would slide open. Somehow the latch was jiggling loose while going down the road. We cut a length of dowel to slide into place to keep it closed!

Not a big deal and probably should take it back to the dealer to have them repair the latch, but who has time for that when the open road awaits!!1
    2017 F150 4X4 LARIAT 3.5L ECOBOOST
    2017 GRAND DESIGN IMAGINE 2950RL
    2006 LARSON 208LXI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We took possession of our 2017 2950RL in April. We have taken it out 5 or 6 times and have found no problems yet. We must be lucky. Or maybe it was karma.

The first one we decided to buy at our dealership was a 2018 2950RL, one that was on the dealership lot. Started the paperwork and bank financing, couple days later the dealership called and said one of their salespeople made a mistake tagging the unit. It had already been sold.
    But together with GD they searched other dealership inventory in the US and found one exactly like the one we wanted, only it was a 2017 model. We gave them the go ahead and they sent one of their people to Dallas and pulled it down to our dealership near San Antonio. Yes, it was exactly like the one we originally picked out, only a 2017 model and the price was cheaper!
    We redid the paperwork and couldn't be happier.

Our dealership, Crestview RV, in Buda, down near San Antonio made a mistake but did everything they could to find what we wanted and to make us happy.

Now I did it, jinxed the whole thing.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. That is a crazy story. Hope it works out for you. If you do have problems with the 2017, . you might have had more problems with the 2018. You never know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast