Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 Solitude 380FL dimmer switches in living room not working

Greetings, all. The two dimmer switches to the right of the TV and directly below the “elevator” switch used to work, but now, not so much. As I recall, they control some background lights in the “nose” of the RV. The aft switch makes a very faint click when pressed. The the forward switch does nothing at all. There are no other electrical issues in the LR.

My Q’s:
    1. Is there another “secret” switch that needs to be turned on before the dimmers do their job? I’ve looked about 30 times and found nothing.
    2. If the dinners are bad, can I gently pry them off the wall and troubleshoot or replace them? If not, how can I access them? (Directly behind them is the cabinet for the Jensen stereo head and I don’t see a good way to access the switches from the back without first removing the Jensen.)

Many thanks for any help you can give me.

Phil McG

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Philip!

First of all, if the switch is a "secret" why would we tell you, and
    If my dinners are bad, I either go ahead and choke it down or toss it....

Okay, I know my responses have had zero effect on helping you with your problem, but it's about 4:30 AM here and about my bed time ( I work nights) and I hope I have added a little levity, but I know that I haven't added one bit to helping you with your specific problem. I hope that someone else can help with your specific problem.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, Jerry. Yes, my dinners are still din, but I want to thank you for taking the thyme to add a little levity to my day. I think we could all use a little moor of that right now.

Fill McG.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Philiprmcgovern View Post
    Hi, Jerry. Yes, my dinners are still din, but I want to thank you for taking the thyme to add a little levity to my day. I think we could all use a little moor of that right now.

Fill McG.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target: