Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water pump cycling on 2600RB

New to RV world as we took delivery of our 2600RB the end of April. Didn't take our first trip until the end of June. After we set up for the first time, we noticed the water pump turns on and off continuously when I open any water outlet but does stop cycling when I open more than one outlet. I had a service appointment after I broke camp and of course I could not get the the pump to repeat it's bad behavior for the service manager. Is anyone else having a similar problem with the water pump?
    2017 Imagine 2600 RB. Reese Strait-Line Weight Distribution System w Sway Control - Trunnion Bar - 10,000 lbs GTW, 800 lbs TW
    1996 F-250 XLT Standard Cab 4x4 8' bed. 5.8L Auto/ 3.55 GR.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it does not run when all the faucets are off right? Open one faucet and it pulses. Open multiple faucets and it runs all the time, right? All normal. The water demand is not enough with one faucet open to cause the pump to run contineusly so it pulses on and off as needed. If that is troublesome for you add an accumulator tank. http://legacy.shurflo.com/pages/Food...nks/tanks.html

Hope I understood your concern right and answered it.

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pump does occasionally come on (once every ten minutes) with no valves open. Pump cycles 1 second on 1 second off with with one water outlet open. Thanks for the link to the accumulator.
    2017 Imagine 2600 RB. Reese Strait-Line Weight Distribution System w Sway Control - Trunnion Bar - 10,000 lbs GTW, 800 lbs TW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keepitsimple View Post
    The pump does occasionally come on (once every ten minutes) with no valves open. Pump cycles 1 second on 1 second off with with one water outlet open. Thanks for the link to the accumulator.
    While water is running that is normal but you never should have the pump come on when all faucets are closed and the lines are pressurized. The pump is an "on demand" system and it coming on every 10 minutes says you have a leak in the lines somewhere because the pump needs to re pressurize the line. This is NOT normal and needs to be corrected.

Hope this helps

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBober View Post
    While water is running that is normal but you never should have the pump come on when all faucets are closed and the lines are pressurized. The pump is an "on demand" system and it coming on every 10 minutes says you have a leak in the lines somewhere because the pump needs to re pressurize the line. This is NOT normal and needs to be corrected.

Hope this helps

Jim
    I agree with Jim. There is a leak, or, the pump is not maintaining pressure in the first place. I had a pump start doing this after a few years.
    With everything closed, it might cycle on and re-pressurize 2 seconds every 20-30 minutes. In that case, the pump was on the way out.
    It might also, not be a leak, but possibly air in the water lines, which is preventing a full pressure build up by the pump.
    Have you run water through all outlets? outside sprayer, etc ...
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2018 F350, Supercrew, Long bed, Powerstroke

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we first de-winterized, i flushed all the water outlets but I haven't used the outside water connections since. May be some air build up there. Checked inside and out and found no leaks. I have a service appointment in August. At least get it on record that there is a problem before the warranty expires in March.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto - the pump should not cycle at all with the faucets closed. There's a slow leak, either internal to the pump or external in one of the lines / fittings / fixtures.

I installed a residential 2-gallon accumulator tank in our 2650 to cut down on the pump cycling. 25PSI in the tank seems to be the sweet spot.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accumulator tank will be the answer next spring when it comes out of storage. To anyone that uses an AT, how do you winterize it?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keepitsimple View Post
    Accumulator tank will be the answer next spring when it comes out of storage. To anyone that uses an AT, how do you winterize it?
    Accumulator tanks are "self winterizing" because the air pressure inside pushes all the water out of the tank. The tank should be located with the water connection at the bottom. Tank pressure should be set a couple of psi lower than pump turn on pressure. This maximizes its function since it will be "almost but not quite empty" when the pump comes on. While you are at it, tee a simple mechanical pressure gauge into the system. This will tell you lots about your system. If a slow leak is the reason for the pump cycling, this will be obvious on the pressure gauge. This will also tell you the exact cut in and cut out pump pressures so that you can set your accumulator air pressure accordingly.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had this happen to me when I first purchased the trailer. Turned out I had a leak coming from my trailer underbelly. One of the connectors in the plumbing was loose. Anytime there is a leak, the pump will turn on/off intermittently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast