User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you haven't purchased your ladder yet, consider the 7 ft . . . that extra foot makes a big difference. $132 on sale at Camping World.
    http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...g-ladder/20319

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I salvaged a 6' aluminum ladder from the sticks and bricks when we left. My son called it a death trap and refused to climb on it. Whenever I would pull it out to do some work my wife would ask me where the insurance policy was. So when we bought the 376 I abandoned it. 6' was always just a tad short and I would stand on the top rung, it didn't kill me.

So I bought the 7' version of the fold up ladder. I put in L brackets in the garage and bungeed them down. It's inside and dry, no dirt etc. Works for what I need it for. Minimal foot print. Pretty stable.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm going to put mine in the bed of the truck Rob, so at 6-1/2foot, I'm limited to the 6' ladder. And remember, I'm less than ten foot to the roof line on my travel trailer. The primary reason I need one is to strap down the boat on the roof rack, and I only need a couple of feet for that.

Jim

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the telescoping ladder I use. Also available at Sherwin Williams Paint Store. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...n-ladder/69450
    It's very sturdy, takes minimal space in the storage area.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    If you haven't purchased your ladder yet, consider the 7 ft . . . that extra foot makes a big difference. $132 on sale at Camping World.
    http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...g-ladder/20319

Rob
    Thanks a bunch for bringing this to our attention. I just ordered one. Thinking maybe just strap it down on the floor, in the garage of my 376TH.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Free shipping

I could not pass up the deal on the 7ft ladder.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All great ideas for use and storage! I used ours the other day to apply a slide seal protectant and it worked great on the slide sides. I had to get on the roof to reach the slide seals across the top. First time I used the RV's ladder on the back of the 2950RL. I wish the handles were taller over the top.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    They are 5" vinyl fence post covers. I actually have 3 of them. 2 at the rear of the trailer where I store my ladder, flag pole, hiking poles, etc., and 1 more up by the sewer discharge where I store almost 50' of Rhino sewer hose.Attachment 9227Attachment 9228Attachment 9229
    Hi Poppy,
    I purchased a folding ladder and a 5 inch PVC fence post to mount as you have. What hardware did you use for mounting, and how did you attache the fence post caps? With hinges and ? Also, anything you would have done different now that you have used them for a while? Thanks for a reply and my compliments on the nice install.
    Gary & Jorie
    2021 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel, MorRyde CRE 3000, MorRyde Pin Box, Renogy Solar,
    2019 Chevy Silverado High Country 2500HD Duramax Std Box, Firestone Air Bags,
    Arvada, Colorado

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnmaverick View Post
    Hi Poppy,
    I purchased a folding ladder and a 5 inch PVC fence post to mount as you have. What hardware did you use for mounting, and how did you attache the fence post caps? With hinges and ? Also, anything you would have done different now that you have used them for a while? Thanks for a reply and my compliments on the nice install.
    Hi Gary and Jorie, The end caps have hinges that are riveted on and a clasp on the other side. When I did my 3rd unit for my sewer hose, I pop riveted clasps on both sides so the cap could be removed and I prefer that method now.

I used beam clamps, aluminum channel, threaded rods and locking nuts to attach them to the trailer. They have been there for 40,000 miles without touching them.

Good luck with your project!
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Poppy's 5th Wheel;274796]Hi Gary and Jorie, The end caps have hinges that are riveted on and a clasp on the other side. When I did my 3rd unit for my sewer hose, I pop riveted clasps on both sides so the cap could be removed and I prefer that method now.

I used beam clamps, aluminum channel, threaded rods and locking nuts to attach them to the trailer. They have been there for 40,000 miles without touching them.

Benefit of dual clasps VS hinge being the fit of the end cap? And disadvantage of requiring more space for clasp if doing a dual post mount?
    Good to know the beam clamps longevity. I was considering drilling and bolting them in case the tube was hit hard from debris thrown up from the road. I do some off road travel selectively.
    Gary & Jorie
    2021 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel, MorRyde CRE 3000, MorRyde Pin Box, Renogy Solar,
    2019 Chevy Silverado High Country 2500HD Duramax Std Box, Firestone Air Bags,
    Arvada, Colorado

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast