User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question regarding a broken plastic trim piece (how serious?)

Hello,

I was inspecting my trailer after our trip from MA->WI and I noticed that this piece was damaged but nothing else around it. I didn't hit anything that I'm aware of and there is no damage to the surrounding area or the rest of the external of the trailer for that matter. How big of a deal is this being broken?

Question 2, is this covered under warranty and question 3 if it isn't is this a vital enough piece warranting a professional handling this or could I pick up the sealant used/part without serious issue and handle this myself?

I appreciate any insight you can provide me as I'm trying to learn as much as I can about my trailer to know what's a critical item and what can wait to be fixed.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I'll post links so you can go out to them since this isn't working.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byc...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byc...ew?usp=sharing

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that were my trailer.......
    I would caulk it up ASAP so there would be no chance of water entering the unit.

Then I would send a photo by e-mail to GDRV customer service and ask for a replacement piece of
    plastic and replace/recaulk it myself.

Unless, I had to take the unit into a dealer for some other work, then I would have the dealer replace it under warranty.

Good luck,
    K
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lunchbox, Ken offers sage advice.

On another note.....I believe the reason that your photos aren't showing is because you're posting as a Guest. For photos to show and to be able to view other members photos you have to be a site sponsor (join the site). $12 a year is very cheap for all that you'll learn about your trailer on this forum. Up near the top, just below and to the left of the red box that says "Owners Forum" you'll see a smaller box below and to the left that says "Become A Sponsor"......that's where you go to become a paid member (site sponsor).

Hope this helps.

JC
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lingerlonger View Post
    If that were my trailer.......
    I would caulk it up ASAP so there would be no chance of water entering the unit.

Then I would send a photo by e-mail to GDRV customer service and ask for a replacement piece of
    plastic and replace/recaulk it myself.

Unless, I had to take the unit into a dealer for some other work, then I would have the dealer replace it under warranty.

Good luck,
    K
    We have some other issues we want to get resolved under warranty so I'm taking my unit later in August when we won't be living in it for a weekend. We're going to stay at a hotel in Chicago which would provide the perfect opportunity. I'll make sure to caulk it up tomorrow, is there a specific one you recommend to use to prevent moisture leaking in? I'll speak with the local repair shop about the list of parts likely needed so they can order them ahead of time and have time to replace them.

Thank you for the advice, don't want to ruin this thing with something so small.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    I'll make sure to caulk it up tomorrow, is there a specific one you recommend to use to prevent moisture leaking in? .
    I think any clear, silicone caulk would be fine.

K
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4