User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good price for a 28BH?

Hi, I'm new to the forum, from Massachusetts. Am looking at the 28BH. The Camper's Inn I visited lists the MSRP at approx $54,000 but seedealercost.com shows MSRP at $42,000. Several people have said you can negotiate 25-30% off the MSRP, but which number would you work from here? (And if anyone has recently bought a 28BH, I'd be interested know what kind of deals you got?)

Thanks!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there. That is probably just the base price. Here is a link to Grand Design's website showing the MSRP and options.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/app/model/msrp/4

Other forced options are the 12 cu fridge and tri fold sofa. You'd have to look at the MSRP sheet they have on the unit to see a breakdown. You should be able to see if they're charging additional for freight, etc..

Unfortunately most dealers will pass the freight on to you and also charge you for prep, doc, title, etc. fees that you will have to factor into the total price as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a 28BH two weeks ago. Maiden voyage this weekend. It is hard to tell what we really paid as we had a trade in that makes it all fuzzy. In the end, I think we got about 20% off MSRP.
    MSRP was 53k. In a lot of places, they don't need to discount deeply until the fall, if at all.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2018 F350, Supercrew, Long bed, Powerstroke

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, GD just updated their website an added a build and price area! https://www.granddesignrv.com/shoppi...and-design-rv/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good price for a 28BH?

We are in the process now of buying our 28BH. Second attempt actually, first dealer was ripping us off, partly my fault for not being as prepared as I could have been. We got out of that deal, looked around at other trailers and decided that the 28BH was what we really wanted.

Was able to get an internet price from a dealer about two hours plus away, for about off 25% MSRP. Quoted us $39,999. Was able to get another dealer get under that by $500, but he was much further away and I used his offer to get a better trade in at the closer dealer.

Still in the middle of things, doing the deal over the phone and via email, so things could change. So far it's going fairly well.

Tom M

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExFokkerFlyer View Post
    We are in the process now of buying our 28BH. Second attempt actually, first dealer was ripping us off, partly my fault for not being as prepared as I could have been. We got out of that deal, looked around at other trailers and decided that the 28BH was what we really wanted.

Was able to get an internet price from a dealer about two hours plus away, for about off 25% MSRP. Quoted us $39,999. Was able to get another dealer get under that by $500, but he was much further away and I used his offer to get a better trade in at the closer dealer.

Still in the middle of things, doing the deal over the phone and via email, so things could change. So far it's going fairly well.

Tom M

At 40k, I think you did maybe 2k better than me. In the end, when I pushed harder, my dealer told me to try again in September / October. So, we decided we weren't getting any lower on price. I am sure you are going to love the camper, live the towing experience, etc... I am completing my modification from dinette to table and chairs. If you are interested in my dinette cushions, let me know.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty happy with the price we got on the trailer. Hopefully there aren't too many issues at delivery. There is a closer place I could go to for warranty work, but after trying to buy through them I wouldn't let them work on my daughters tricycle. [emoji58]

I'm interested in the cushions but that's gotta be a pretty good shipping charge to get them to California. I figure somebody might actually need them, I'm just anticipating the need right now.

Very generous of you to offer them up. If nobody really needs them and they are just taking up space, I might be interested. [emoji106]

Tom M