Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting closer to getting a 303RLS

We bought the truck today so getting closer to the day when we will be buying a new 303RLS. It is going to be so nice to get back to a 5er. We have been away from them for a number of years. The truck is a 2017 Ram 4X4 Mega Cab dually. We have to go pick it up tomorrow. I know I don't need to have a dually for this size of Reflection but I just have always like the stability of a dually. Over the years I have owned 5 of them. I tried all 3 of the builders and this is my second Ram. The color is Delmonico Red with black interior and pretty loaded.

We have to go about 400 miles to pick it up. Traded in our Jeep that we pulled behind our MH. The MH has been sold so it is a go now for a 5er next.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have your heart set on the 303RLS, when you do your walk-through, bring a fine toothed comb. We purchased a 307MKS from a dealer in Sanger, TX. The PDI must have consisted of nothing more than getting the outside wet and putting water in the tank so they would be able to show us how the faucets worked. During our walk-through, I had them readjust one of the kitchen drawers, as it was quite obvious it wouldn't close properly. Once home, we live in MN, I began to notice things here and there, that indicated the factory's PDI was not much better than the dealer's. For example, the horizontal slide window in the kitchen, slides shut, sounds like it latches, but doesn't. The horizontal slide window on the street side slide-out, slides shut, sounds like it latches, but doesn't. The fender skirt on the RH side was missing six attaching screws. The main door had to slammed hard to close, because of the new seals, we were told. Actually the jamb latch was installed too deep. We have two folding chairs with the dinette, with parts missing, between the two we have one that we can use. The overhang compartment door lock had to be re-adjusted so that it could be locked. Plus, there will be warranty work done regarding the axle seals as they are purging grease and I've recently noticed a ripple in the roof covering at the left-rear of the unit. I'm almost to the point where I regret making this purchase. How these issues are resolved when I take it in for warranty will determine that. Good luck.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All: ( Butch and John&Debbie) there are great PDI check lists in the reference section of this forum. I would recommend you review them and walk into ANY purchase with open eyes. We ar very happy with our 303 . Were there things to fix, yep. Were they huge, nope... Butch you have had RVs then you know they are a work of love ( meaning you continually work on them because you love the RV life. ).

Yes, there will be issues but also remember that unit just traveled how many hundreds or thousands of miles to get to your dealer. It basically is a light weight condo on wheels traveling through an earthquake on the road. Please take your time and check everything over. You should get a check sheet that you need to sign at the end with everything GD expects the dealer to have checked over and gone through. Most people fluff it off and just sign... read it and make sure you are comfortable with what was done. Personally , I let some things slide because I knew I would do a better job then the dealer on the repair. My objective was the big ticket items. Adjusting latches, door hinges, window slides, etc are all par for the course, not only at PDI but ongoing , of at least that is my experience with 15 yrs of campers...

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello All,

Just returned from picking up our new truck. Man is it nice and a joy to drive. It is a little bit bouncing because of being a 3500 dually. I was pretty pleased with our mileage coming home. On the lie-o-meter coming home driving up Interstate 49 is pretty hilly and some steep incline and when I pulled into our drive I was at 18.4 MPG. And the biggest plus of all is the wife likes it also.

I know about the things I need to check but it is great to have a reminder to just don't take it for granted that it will be fine. My wife and I have bought over 20 RVs over the years and always trying to find the right one. I can be kind of anal on certain things and an RV is one one of them. But it is always good to have a reminder of what to look at.

I really like the 303RLS so we will see. I have had an Arctic Fox 27-5L before and like the Northwoods product and I might end up looking there again. I also had an AF 1140 truck camper and both of them had very few problems with them.

I just have to go back and look the 303 over very closely and see if it meets my expectations.

Thanks for every bodies responses, all of this helps out on my making up our mind.

Butch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Butch,
    We went back and forth with the 303RLS and 337RLS. Finally picking the 337, main reason was the 16 " wheels and bedroom, lots of room in the bedroom and the washer/dryer hook up. Really made our discussion based on the wheel size to accept the G rated tires. Wanted the G rated tires and they don't come in the 15" wheel size. There was some talk about the 303 changing to 16" but I'm not sure if they changed up or not.
    Good luck with whatever you decide on
    Tom

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom,

The 303RLS now comes with 16" also. I wouldn't want it with 15" as it is hard to go to higher rated tires with 15". There is another reason for the 303 and that is its length. I can't go any bigger and get into my backyard where it will be stored. I my pad all set up with both 30A and 50A plugs so I can keep it plugged in for the batteries. I have put a 30' Arctic Fox 27-5L in with a long bed into my parking pad and I'm sure I can get the 303 into there also but I think that is the biggest I can go. That is the reason for the short bed Mega cab with is shorter than a LB Ford that I use to have.

Thanks for the info

Butch

Thanks for the response.

Butch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by st2rv View Post
    Butch,
    We went back and forth with the 303RLS and 337RLS. Finally picking the 337, main reason was the 16 " wheels and bedroom, lots of room in the bedroom and the washer/dryer hook up. Really made our discussion based on the wheel size to accept the G rated tires. Wanted the G rated tires and they don't come in the 15" wheel size. There was some talk about the 303 changing to 16" but I'm not sure if they changed up or not.
    Good luck with whatever you decide on
    Tom
    Yep, all 2018's have 16" tires on the 303 now. Adds extra height and also a lot more headroom on tire capicity.

We chose the 303 over the 337 due to length. We do a lot of state park camping and every inch counts. The 337 limited us in site/campground selection. Also, when turtleing you can use the bed with the slider in. Finally, while the bathroom in the 337 is bigger there is better use of space with the shower on the 303. I am "larger" with broad shoulders. I can shower easily in the 303. With the 337 I felt I had to turn sideways.... Just my 2 cents... Wish there was a place for a washer/dryer but....
    Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]