Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warranty, Service and those RV Dealers

Good morning, all! I have a couple of questions about warranty and service. We purchased our 2017 Reflection 303rls from Windish RV in Longmont, CO back in November of 2016. There were so many issues with this before we even took it off the lot that service was supposed to take care of. For the first four months we owned it, it was sitting in service close to three momths. And, yep, you guessed it! Most issues were not taken care of. One question I do have is about the slides. We took it down to Windish RV here in Fountain, CO to have the slides worked on, yet again. Both of the large slides, 1 and 2, are jerky upon opening and closing. In addition, the passenger slide with the dinette is not level by any means. Sitting at the table to eat or play games is not comfortable because of this. Daylight is visible from the inside at the corner of the slide by the entry door. Yet, Windish says it is within factory specs. Also, on the subject of warranty, the gal at the service desk said the slides were NOT under warranty. This is a problem that was supposed to have been corrected before taking it home when we bought this, because I noticed the slide wasn't extended equally on both ends at that time. Aren't the slides considered a structural part of this? I won't go into the other issues we have, but, are there other dealers with service departments that do warranty work for Grand Design, or are we stuck with Windish? Any help, suggestions and comments would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, and have a wonderful weekend! Terri

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terri - I would suggest that you talk directly with Grand Design Customer Service and explain your difficulties with the dealer. GDRV usually responds to these situations by intervening on your behalf with the dealer or authorizing you to have the work done elsewhere.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, Rob. That is our next step. I love those dogs on the chairs!��

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a bad experience trying to buy our Momentum from Windish. If I said here what I really think about this dealer, I'd probably get sued. Of course it's not libel if you can show you're telling the truth!

Sorry you had to deal with these guys. I can tell you that we were treated well by Adventure RV in Cheyenne when our leaf spring broke 85 miles away in Wheatland, WY. Rob gave you good advice. Call Grand Design Customer Service directly. They will take care of you one way or another. Be sure to explain to them how you've been treated by Windish.
    Steve and Cheryl

2017 Momentum 328M w/Dual Pane Windows and 3rd A/C. Aftermarket mods: Titan EOH Disc Brakes, MORryde IS suspension and Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder pin box
    2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn Megacab 4x4 DRW with 6.7 HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, AISIN trans, 3.73 axles and a Reese 20K puck mount hitch
    Call sign: AAØSB, Class: Extra

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Technically, the dealer is correct, alignment of the slides is an adjustment and that carries a 90 day warranty. If it fails, etc. that is covered. I am not trying to say it is right and I am sure GD will step in. It really sounds like dealer issues. Also if the unit never left the lot for 3 months as you stated, make them reset your warranty date. We refused to sign paperwork till the unit was done/ corrected of any issues.

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkForestCnT View Post
    I love those dogs on the chairs!��
    Thanks! . . . Off topic, I know . . . but can you find the cat in the picture?
    (Hint: She is never far from her black dog )

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yes, I see her! What a great crew you have!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Jim, the unit was on their lot from the day we bought it while they supposedly were fixing things, including the one slide that was not retracting evenly and was horribly out of level, then we did a quick walk through before we took it home, a hundred miles away. Got home and set it up only to find that the slide was still not right. Took it back up the 100 miles where the slide issue did not get addressed. On that trip there were several more issues that were not corrected. I agree that adjustments may need to be made occasionally, but this has been a problem from the day we paid for it. The salesman agreed that it needed to be adjusted. It just was never done. We have learned now that salesmen don't see to it that things get done. They just want the sale. Service down in Fountain isn't any better. We kind of put up a fuss because they wanted us to bring it down to Fountain more than a week before they could even look at it. They called back saying to bring it in on Tuesday and they would look at it then and have it back to us the same day. We called back at the end of that day and they said they couldn't even look at it for 8 more days. They didn't even have the decency to call us to tell us that. At that, the slide is a little better, but, we are going to try and shim the table to make it tolerable. All of the other issues will be taken care of ourselves. Newly retired, we had hoped to have a better experience without having to work so much on it ourselves. . It has been pulled more miles to get it to and from the service department. We really like the Reflection...just are not sure the quality is there. Thanks for responding!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As rob stated, get in touch with GD customer service directly, explain the issues and severe lack of response from your dealer. They may have other options for you. Sorry about your experience.

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve and Cheryl, sorry you had problems with them, too. Who was your salesperson? Those Momentums look very nice. How is the quality there? What kind of issues did you have? Thank for responding. It is very nice to know we can air our problems with fellow RVers. Just hope I didn't sound too whiny. Have an awesome day!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast